32. Hangover

**Random pic of Cristiano in the street market, above^^**

"You okay?" I asked quietly, respecting her sensitivity to sound.

She slowly looked up at me, sleep clearing from her eyes. She instantly pulled the covers up over her head and groaned. "No." I expected to hear 'do I fucking look okay'.

I sat up and grabbed the water bottle and aspirin I already prepared. "Here."

She peeked out and grabbed the aspirin first, then the water bottle. She downed two pills with two gulps and threw the bottle across the room. "Thanks, you're a sweet guy for now."

I chuckled. "For now?"

"Stop screaming before I cut you. I know you'll do something to piss me off today, therefore you are sweet until then."

I refrained from laughing. "I promise I'll treat you extra nice today, okay bellissima?" I kissed her forehead gently.

"How long did it take you to change my clothes last night?" I could see her cheeks were flushing pink. I got why, I just didn't actually understand why she felt like this about it.

"Ten minutes, because for the first time since I've ever experienced sleeping next to you, you actually started moving in your sleep." She raised her eyebrows, wiping her still sleepy eyes.

"Wow--" She was cut off by Haydn's frantic happy barking. She groaned and covered her ears, squeezing her eyes closed.

"Haydn, no! Hush!" I scolded but he continued to bark. I rubbed the back of Harlow's head before getting up and picking up Haydn, leaving the room and gently closing the door.

"Who the hell are you barking at--oh." My eyebrows raised as I automatically shut my mouth at the sight of my parents.

"Your parents. That's who the hell he's barking at." My mother retorted and I gasped.

"Ma! You never swear!" I pretended to be so surprised, when really I hear a round of swears from her when she cuts herself by accident in the kitchen. Which is why I always cook.

"Your madre is just a little cranky from lack of rest. We've been in a meeting all night. Those other capos, mio dio, they never shut up!" My father wrapped his arm around her and led her to the kitchen.

I put Haydn down and he rushed down the stairs. I heard a door open behind me and I turned around. "Why are you out of bed, bellissima?"

"Because you can't make me do otherwise." She retorted with her smart ass smile.

She slowly, and I mean snail slowly, walked down the stairs. "So you're gonna watch me walk down the stairs in agony?"

"You decided to get out of bed, bambina." I carefully carried her down and set her down.

We walked to the kitchen and Eli was pouring coffee. "Hey you left a note saying that you followed Zach to the club. I didn't see you there when I went to pick him up?"

"That's because I don't do clubs so I went to a chill regular heavy bass-less bar. And apparently, Ms Clearly Has A Hangover over there went with you." He chuckled and yelled his next sentence really loud. "HEY HARLOW!"

She yelped and covered her ears. "SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU IDIOT."

He laughed and I smacked the side of his head really hard. "That's how your sister feels." I mumbled so only he could hear. Harlow still, for some reason, didn't know they were siblings. He gave me a look and I gave him one back. "So don't be an ass."