45. Happily Ever After, After All

"Harlow!" Cristiano called me as I was about to follow everyone into the kitchen. I stopped walking and turned around, grabbing his hands and holding them as he stepped closer to me.

"Yeah?" I smiled.

"I just wanted to say that I thought. A lot about us. And when I was in that bed, I slept on it. It felt like I'd slept for a year. My life flashed before my eyes and it wasn't what I wish it was. Not until I met you. I've come to the conclusion that you're the only reason I'm able to get through every bit of hell that's thrown my way." He smiled.

"Um. Okay." I grinned quirkily.

His forehead rested on mine, and I swear I nearly fainted at his words. "And that's why I love you. Because no matter what, you're always right there. You saved my life, and you're my hero who doesn't need a cape."

I smiled uncontrollably and kissed his lips, wanting to cry again. "I love you too." And I've been dying to say those four words.

He kissed my forehead we just enjoyed each other's presence for a minute. Just happy that he's alive. My eyes flickered up to his key necklace, and I smiled, taking it gently in my hand. He caught on and held on to the key while I held up my heart necklace.

He inserted the key through the keyhole in my necklace and, like he said, it emitted a pretty white light. "Yay. I've been waiting for this." I whispered. He kissed me again and I kissed him back shortly before smiling at him again.

"Come on." He held my hand as we met with everybody else in the kitchen.

"Dad, I want you to live here." I instantly said, taking everybody off guard.

He looked at me, then Dominic, then back at me. "I don't think so, sugarplum. I'm good in London."

"Your apartment smells like rats. I don't want you living in a place like that." I sat in a stool at the island counter. "Plus, the estate has more than enough space. There are twenty people that live here already and there's still space. Bossman doesn't mind?" I said in a questioning tone at Dominic.

He thought for second. "You should stay, Jack."

"Please?" I gave my dad the same puppy eyes I did when I was twelve.

He sighed. "You did that then and you still do it now. I guess I'm staying."

I grinned widely and giggled in excitement. "Great!"

"We can have all your stuff back here in three hours. I'll go tell Mario." Dominic went to leave the room but I stopped him.

"Tell him I'm sorry for threatening to kill him!" He just chuckled with a shake of his head as he left.

******
Time jump.

It was now March and my wedding was in a month. I was nearly into my eighth month of pregnancy and this time, I had to pee every five minutes and I could barely even see my own feet. The wedding was already planned and I was just glad I had someone to walk me down the aisle.

Cristiano told me that he loved me every single day and it never got old. Eli proposed to Lola as soon as she had her baby, and that was two weeks ago. The baby was a boy, and his name was Nicholas Jack Winters, after dad. But everyone called him Nicky. He was ridiculously cute with big hazel green eyes and dark brown hair, he only had a few curly strands.