47. Reconcile

"Can we come in?" My adopted mother asked as she and my 'sister' stood at the door. I just stared at them. These fake bitches are really in my face, at the door of my home, asking if they could come in like we're the best of friends.

I slammed the door shut and turned to walk away, but doorbell rang again. "What?!" I snapped.

"We want to talk to you." Annalise said meekly with guilt struck in her eyes.

"Come in." Marcella said behind me, pulling me gently to the side so they could walk in. We went into the kitchen, and nobody moved. Cristiano eyed Zach and Charlie as they left the kitchen to eavesdrop from the foyer, turning off the waffle maker.

I continued to glare at my mom and she avoided my eyes. Just looking at her face made every memory of her berating me, hitting me, mocking me just poured into my brain. Tears filled my eyes and I didn't have time to even think about my next move, as my hand came into hard contact with her face faster than anyone could blink. I slapped the shit out of her, and it felt good.

Marcella gasped as the sound of my palm hitting her face echoed through the house. Eli knew that sound all too well, as he came downstairs and stopped in his tracks. My dad happened to follow him down and when he and mom made eye contact, he paled.

"Harlow—"

"Shut up! You fake, Botox-filled, snobby-ass bitch! You have some damn nerve showing up here when things are great in my life at the moment! Right before my fucking wedding day! Don't say you're sorry you were a bad mother, when you weren't even my mother to begin with! You slapped me, and you made sure I never got up. You told me that I'd never get anywhere in life and that I wasn't good enough to even breathe the same air you do! You broke me into a million pieces and made sure I was never fixed. I hate you both and I hope you go to hell." I spat, a tear running down my cheek.

"And you can take your ass right back out that door and back to Manhattan, unless you have something to say that I'd actually give a shit about." I added.

Cristiano

This is the last thing she needed. She was already stressed, and they just had to show up to make things more stressful. They killed her good mood and now she probably won't even be in a good mood tomorrow. I would've given them their privacy, but I honestly don't think that Harlow wanted me to leave.

She knew that if my mother and I left her alone with the people she nearly hated more than Francisco, she'd kill them for sure. Which is why I took every hidden gun in the kitchen and every knife, and put them in a bucket on top of the cabinets. They knew everything about mobs and Mafias, because they adopted Harlow straight from the Institution.

After a few silent moments that showed how angry Harlow was, her mom spoke. She talked about day one of Harlow's adoption, and how they were told that Harlow would become extremely dangerous if they didn't show backbone.

Harlow was a trouble maker even before she was released from the Institution. She didn't like people she didn't know, and she'd attack anyone who came her way. She was basically a wild animal, and couldn't be tamed unless you showed no fear, no mercy, and fought fire with an even bigger fire.

Then she reminisced on an accident that happened a few months after Harlow was adopted. She had attacked three kids at her school, and even bit a chunk out of a guy's arm. All because they ran into her in a hallway.

Annalise had became friends with Harlow, and tried to get her mother to treat Harlow like a human being, but she said Harlow wasn't human. Harlow was a dangerous creature that needed to be detained and disciplined. But when she tried that, Harlow flipped out and hit her with any thing she could get her hands on.