25. Taken - Part One

Chapter 25 song quote:

"When you're next to me, you can tell that I'm not afraid to be.
So please don't make me wait, and never let me break, no never let me fall."
~ Hold My Hand

*****

I woke up five minutes before my alarm went off, so I turned it off so I wouldn't wake her up. I was surprised when she murmured something.

"Please don't leave." She adorably scrunched her nose and rubbed her eyes before opening them, her silver irises sparkling at me.

"I'm sorry, baby but I have to. They plan on leaving at midnight, so we have to sabotage their travel, communication, and keep their men from preparing the escape. It'll take us a day and the actual fight will take us even longer. So I have to leave in about twenty minutes." I wiped a hand over my face.

She grew a mischievous smile on her face. "Have you gotten your suit laid out?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Yes..."

"Is you're weaponry case all sorted and packed?"

"Yeah?"

She smirked and got on top of me, straddling me. "Good. So that means we have time for a special goodbye."

She leaned down to kiss me and it clicked in my brain what she meant as soon as she said it. She pulled away to pull off her shirt and came back down to kiss me once more.

****

"Are you sure you have to leave?" She asked, sitting up against the headboard and hugging the pillow close to her bare chest. I started to tie my tie around my neck.

"Yes, bellezza I'm sure. I'll be back before you know it."

She groaned and put on one of my t-shirts, getting up and walking over to me to fix my tie. "You never tie it straight!" She said, exasperated.

"Well that's why I have you to fix it for me, baby doll." I grinned and she rolled her eyes with a smile. She finished fixing it and handed me my Armani suit jacket. I slid it on and she made sure the collar was neatly folded.

She let her hands stay rested on my chest and frowned. "I guess you have to go now."

I cupped her face and planted a soft kiss on her lips, which were already swollen from our recent activity a few minutes ago. "Arrivederci, mio grande bellezza." I whispered.

"Bye." She gave me a sad smile and I grabbed my things before leaving the room.

****

Don't come home too bloody. - My Angel

I chuckled. I'll try. Don't eat my gelato. - Me

Oops, too late. Sorry not sorry, babe. - My Angel

"Goddamnit." I mumbled. But I smiled at the next text.
I'm eating the vanilla. Saving the chocolate for us. - My Angel

"Hey! Focus on the mission!" My father scolded. I huffed, rolling my eyes internally, and sent her one last text before turning off my phone.
Good. But I have to go, okay? See you soon, angel. - Me