43. "I'll love you too."

Everyone had gotten excited about the engagement even though we all already knew that we were going to get married. They told me that Cristiano had picked out the ring on his own and Marcella was happy we decided to gave her help with the wedding. Alexi was one of my bridesmaids and she was going to help with my dress.

Then I'd gotten an idea to change tradition.

He only let it ring once before answering. "I can't believe you're getting married before me."

I laughed. "Well if you had gotten married before me, I couldn't ask you to be my maid of honor-ish."

"Really? That's not tradition."

"Well I don't have a girl for MOH and you're my closest friend. You're my GBFF and I'm the bride so if I want my male, gay best friend to be my MOH, he's gonna be my MOH." I said as I walked into the kitchen where there was no surprise that most people were in there.

Charlie laughed. "Aw, I'm touched. But be warned, I may cry at your wedding."

"I'm going to cry at my wedding so it's fine." I smiled brightly, seeing Cristiano. He looked up from his phone and smiled back at me.

"Okay, well I've got to go check up on my brother. He just went through some shit. Love you."

"Oh, tell him I said hey. Love you, bye." I hung up still smiling and I looked back at Cristiano.

"Tell who you said hey?" He asked.

"Charlie's brother. Speaking of, I've decided that I want Charlie to be my maid of honor, is that a problem?" I sat at the island counter and a frown flickered on his lips.

"It's untraditional but no, you're the bride, you can do whatever you want. And Charlie's a friend. But what I'm not okay with is that I was standing four steps away from you and I still didn't get a good morning kiss."

"Then give us food and you'll earn one." I grinned smugly at him.

He took a plate of a steaming stack of waffles that were topped with whipped cream, a mystery syrup, and powdered sugar. Cinnamon toast strips surrounded the waffles. It smelled like heaven on a plate. "What's this?"

"Taste it and see. You'll love it, I promise." He urged. I picked up the fork and got a piece of waffle with the mystery syrup on it. I tasted it, and after a moment my eyes widened.

"It's coffee flavored!" I breathed.

"Si, the syrup is creamer. Your favorite vanilla caramel creamer. I just thickened it. It's basically your favorite cup of coffee in the form of your favorite breakfast food at four in the afternoon. Just with no actual coffee."

I grabbed his hands and pulled him toward me, he instantly caught on and leaned forward to let me kiss him sweetly. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands stayed at the low of my back. The stool made me the same height as him.

He smiled into the kiss and so did I. "I love you so much."

"And I'll love you too. Eat." He pulled away from me and grabbed his own plate of regular waffles with syrup along with a cup of coffee. He sat across from me.