42. Engagement

Everyone gave me even more presents because of my birthday and, surprisingly, there wasn't as much baby stuff. Dominic said that my sniper rifle was for my birthday, everyone got me tons of stuff and Eli even got me a ukulele, which I wanted for a pretty long time back when I was thirteen.

Then Zach. God. He got me a chocolate cake, which I was happy to scarf down at that moment. "Cake!" I squealed.

"Cake?" Cristiano furrowed his eyebrows.

"It's not weird and if you have a problem with me craving cake right now, you try being pregnant!"

"That's not possible, but okay. Enjoy your cake, angel." He rubbed my back and I remembered something.

"But I can't eat it right now because you said you had to tell me something." I looked at him.

He started smiling. "That can wait till later."

I narrowed my eyes at how weird that was but shrugged. "Okay. I'm still not gonna eat it right now because I don't want cake anymore."

He gave me another weird look, grabbing his keys. "What do you want right now?"

"Gelato--wait, where are you going?" I asked quickly as he started to pull Alexi out of the kitchen.

"Somewhere. Don't worry your pretty little head, bellezza." He brushed off the details, which got me suspicious.

"Haven't heard that name in a while." I muttered. "Don't be gone all day, okay?"

"I'll only be gone a few hours. I'll, see you later." By this time he was opening the front door. But then I perked up, heading to the doorway of the kitchen. "Cristiano, wait!" I must've startled him because he jumped a little. "Yes?"

"I love you." His parents looked at me in surprise, though they were aware of everything that happened today. His eyes didn't change, he was still processing the three words.

Then his entire demeanor changed with a grateful smile. "I'll love you too." He stepped to me and I smiled as he kissed my forehead.

He left with Alexi and as soon as the door closed, it opened again, a certain pregnant girl walking in. "I'm back, bitches!"

"Lola!" I sped walked to her and hugged her as much as I could. We both had bigger-than-usual bellies. She was six months in. "Ugh, I missed you!"

"I missed you too, but when did you get knocked up?" We pulled apart and she took a look at my appearance.

"Four months ago. Why didn't Eli bring you here?"

"I wanted to, but she wanted to get here by herself." He came over and kissed her gently. By the way, he and Lola were the same height. "Hey, sweetie. How was Germany?"

"You mean how was Samuel?" She chuckled. "I'm having another man's baby, he's not gonna mess with me like this. But to answer your coverup question, Germany was fine and my grandmother says hello, but that doesn't matter; Harlow did you tell Cris?"

"Yeah. We're good now. He just needs a week to think so we're going to spend next week taking a small break."

"That's good. Happy birthday," she added with a yawn. "I'm so tired."