13. "Shh, I know what it means, I'm just trying not to have a heart attack."

CRISTIANO

"What do I have to do to get you to say 'yes'?" I asked, tapping my fingers on Eli's desk. He looked at me in annoyance from my constant pleads and tapping.

"Chris, I couldn't help you if I wanted to. You know this. I may be the smartest person in the Familia, but even I can't do this." He smirked to himself at the fact that he was the smartest. All of us are pretty intelligent but he was at the top. I, hypocritically, rolled my eyes at his ego.

"Just at least try to figure it out. I don't even care how long it takes. Just do whatever you can. Even if it means hacking into the Institution." My words make his eyes widen.

"You're crazy. We fear the Institution for a reason. You're really asking for a lot. Who's this really for? You? Or Harlow?" He crossed his arms..

"The both of us." I said quietly. "Just do what you can. Capisce?" I straightened my tie.

"Capisce." He sighed and started typing rapidly on his laptop.

I walked out of the Tech Force Office and into the kitchen. "Hey, ma." I pecked my moms cheek. She was sitting at the island counter, next to my father.

"Buongiorno, mio figlio." She smiled, taking a sip of coffee. "Where's Harlow? She always wakes up with you."

I smiled. "She's sleeping in."

She nodded. My dad chuckled. "You're beaming."

"Don't I always smile?" I poured myself a cup of coffee. I knew what they were talking about.

"Not this much. It's creeping me out." Alexi tiredly walked into the kitchen.

"Well then I'll continue to smile." I leaned against the counter. "Did you hear that Francisco Petrov declared war on us last night, papà?"

"He did not declare war, Cristiano. From what Rocco told me, all he said was that he expects a kiss next time he sees Harlow. That doesn't mean he's declaring war." He scoffed.

I rolled my eyes. "He said 'next time'. That means, he's coming back."

"Well what do you want to do about it? We can't just start a fight because he has history with your girlfriend. What's the point?" He crossed his arms.

"I'm not saying we have to fight, I'm saying we should stay on high alert just in case he really does come back. And she's not my girlfriend." I picked up my cup of coffee.
"Yet." I mumbled into the cup.

My eyes darted up as I heard small footsteps followed by big ones coming down the stairs. It was Harlow and Zach.

"I thought you said you were sleeping in?" A small smile spread across my face. Even in the morning when everyone looks tired and gloomy, she's still standing out and looking beautiful.

"I was. But he woke me up." She pointed at Zach, who was listening to Alexi but her words were going through one ear and out of the other. "Where's Eli?"

"He's working on the security." I said, but quiet enough for my dad not to hear.
I don't want to lie, especially to her, but if she finds out that I told Eli to find a way to get our missing pieces of our mentality back, she's gonna try to stop it. She'll think it's too risky.