10. "Cristiano can't love."

HARLOW

"WHEN IS THE TRIAL GONNA START? I'M SOOOOOOOO BORED." I plopped down on the chair, staring at the mirror. It was a one way window. They could see me but I can't see them.

It was the first day of the trials, health trial. I'm in this gigantic white room that had speakers and cameras in it. I was wearing a white sports bra with some white training shorts and sneakers.

"Soon, just waiting for our trial health team to get here." Dominic said through the intercom. "Go ahead and sit in the patient chair."

I got up and sat in the that chair you sit in when you go to the doctors'.

Soon, five men in hazmat suits walked in with some scary looking equipment.

"Why are they wearing hazmat suits? What do you think I have, the plague?"

I could hear people laughing behind the mirror. "It's for safety purposes, 067." Dominic chuckled. I frowned at my Institution name. A flash of a memory I don't recall remembering before, flashed through my mind. But it was so fast, the only thing I could make out was another voice telling me 'it's for safety purposes, 067' and some people in weird lab coats and gas masks. I snapped out of it.

"You don't have to call me....." I trailed off as one of the men injected something into my arm. "What the hell are you doing?"

"It's a fluid to keep you from getting out of control. You are a special girl. We don't know what they did to you in that facility." The man said.

"Why would I--"

I cut off my own words with a howl, as electricity shot through my body.

"Did you just try to give me the death penalty?"

"0.1 amps slightly touched your heart. You should be dead, or dying." One of the men said.

But I feel fine. "Are you sure?"

They all nodded.

I was so distracted, I didn't even notice that they strapped me down to the chairs.

They stuck needles connected to tubes into my veins. Gave me different drugs to see how I reacted to those drugs.

They tested my reflexes, stupidly, by taking the straps off and trying to hit me. And when I occasionally focused on someone else's attack, I'd get hit by someone else.

I think they just wanted to hurt me...

****

My body hurts.

I was angry. Not 'my boyfriend just cheated on me' angry. I was 'I'm about to slap a bïtch' angry.

They took off my straps. Big mistake.

I grabbed one of the last guys in there, by the neck. "Let me out of here."

"I can't do that." He strained. I pushed him against the wall.

"Don't tempt me." I hissed. I squeezed his neck more.

I could hear people banging on the mirror, they were yelling 'stop' at me.