44. Operation: Save Cristiano

I wasn't dying. I think I love Harlow, and I'm not dying. There must be something wrong.

"Zach, where's Harlow? She's not in the guest room." I asked as I walked out of the guest room. He looked worried at the mention of her.

"I don't know. She's not answering her phone or texts, nothing. The last time anyone saw her was when she went out with her bodyguards. We're questioning them now, but they are not talking." He said.

"She's missing? How the hell did she go missing with eight guards and the whole Mafia watching her?" My jaw clenched.

"I don't know! But there are things missing. Dominic's files have been stolen, Eli's files, laptop, and hard drives have been stolen too. And on top of that, our private helicopter is gone along with two million dollars. Either Harlow was just flawlessly kidnapped, or she's doing something that could cost her her life when she gets back."

I blinked. "I....I know what she's doing. Uh....head to London now and...find her. S-She's trying to find her f-father." I said, feeling a rush of lightheadedness

"Cristiano. Are you okay?" He suddenly asked.

"I'm...fine. Just find--"

"No, you're not." He grabbed my wrist and showed me my hand and the black discoloration slowly spreading through my fingers. I blinked slowly, and the fourth time I did, I couldn't open my eyes. My back hit the floor hard, and a feeling of pins and needles spread through my body as I started to shake violently.

Harlow

"Ma'am, I really don't suggest you--"

"Shut up and do what I said. I don't care if I do have to cause a crash. Do what I said and do not ever call me 'ma'am'. Request landing in London, now." I said, nudging his temple with the gun to remind him that the Romano's weren't in charge today. It was only a matter of time before Dominic figures out that I have half his Mafia wrapped around my finger.

I had two fourths of the Italian Mafia under my command and wired down so if they blabbed, I'd know. But obviously I didn't tell them about the wires. And I couldn't do this alone.

"Okay, so the address is 456 Redding Street, apartment 118B. Got it?" Eli informed. "I will keep this guy silent while you're gone." He cocked a gun.

"Yeah, thanks." I turned to the pilot. "I said request landing!" I shouted. He flinched and called it in to request landing. They accepted, so now we could land.

The only way I could get control of half of the Mafia was to inform them of Cristiano's condition and why I was taking money and stealing the helicopter and files. They agreed to keep quiet no matter what for the sake of their future capo. Apparently death threats weren't enough.

Soon enough we landed, and I got a text. I'd been receiving missed calls and texts all morning and I couldn't turn my phone on without them trying to track it. I told Eli to block my phone when I turn it on so I could read my texts.

I think Cristiano loves you. His blood is poisoning him. - Zach, 12:01 pm

My eyes widened and tears burned my eyes. I turned my phone off and went back to Eli. "Cristiano's dying, we don't have much time."

He sighed silently and nodded. "You have approximately four hours before he flatlines. Go. And be careful, you're pregnant."