6. "Don't call me cute."

HARLOW

"What's wrong with you two?" I asked. It was Sunday. We were in Cristiano's car, going to meet Eli and Lola, who just got back, for a picnic.

Zach was acting all suspicious, answering my questions and replying with one word answers. Cristiano, just looked nervous.

"I'm just nervous about what Eli's gonna do to me when he sees your hand. Zach, just needs to get it together." Cristiano gave Zach a look before he hit him in the head.

"Sorry. Just thinking." He smiled at me. Weirdo.

We got to Silver Waters Park. We got out and went to find Lola and Eli.

They were sitting in front of the lake on a picnic blanket, with a basket. We walked over to them and sat down. Eli immediately saw my wrapped up hand.

"Eli, before you--"

"What happened to your hand?" He cut me off. Me and Cristiano exchanged looks.

"I was with Cristiano last night and--"

"What did you do? I swear I'm gonna--" It was my turn to cut him off.

"Eli calm the fück down." I huffed. "It was some old guy, not Cristiano!"

"What happened?" Lola asked.

"So, I was watching Cristiano's fight, don't start Eli, when this guy in his like, mid thirties walks up to me. He goes, 'what is a pretty lady like you doing here?'. And me being my smart mouthed self, I said, 'watching a fight duh' and I try to look over him to watch my roommate kick äss. But he blocks me again going, 'you wanna get out of here?'. I say 'to get away from you.' And try to walk away. But he grabs my arm and says 'come on, I just wanna play' and me being myself, says 'Monopoly or Scrabble'. So that's when he loses his 'Mr. Nice guy' and pins me against the wall. He gives me this super icky kiss and I push him off before punching him in the face, causing my hand to almost break. That's why I'm like this." I explained. Cristiano was tense beside me along with Zach and Eli.

"What happened next?" Lola was way into the story.

"Then he got mad and called me a bïtch. Then he raised his hand to-to s-slap me," I started stuttering because of the way it reminded me of my father. I continued. "But
Mr. Dark Knight in Shining Armor over here appears out of nowhere and grabs his wrist, wraps his hand around the guy's neck and pins him against the wall. You wanna hear his exact words?" I looked at Cristiano who was trying to hold back a smile. Lola nodded.

"He said, 'This is my last night here. Did you think I wanted to win and turn around to see some dirty son of a bïtch kissing my girl? By the way, the answer is no.' Then he knocked him out and wrapped up my hand. The end." I bowed dramatically.

"Did you have to recite what I said word for word?" Cristiano looked at me, exasperated. His cheeks were turning a light pink.

"Yes I did. Thank you for the save. It was cute." I nudged his arm.

"Don't call me cute." He pouted like a five year old.

"That was cute! It was a good story." Lola laughed. "I remember the same thing happening to Eli and I when we first started dating." She kissed Eli's cheek.