30. Bipolar Drunk

HARLOW

He walked into the kitchen in a grey tank top and joggers. He glanced up at me from his phone and continued what he was doing. After a few seconds he realized what he just saw and looked up again with an excited smile.

I was at the island counter, which was covered with vanilla cupcakes with different colored icing and sprinkles. I spent all morning making every single one. It had been a couple of weeks, I was healed enough to not need crutches.

He tucked his phone in his pocket and looked at all the cupcakes. "You mind telling me why there're so many cupcakes?"

"There are only around 65. Eat one." I tucked my hands in my back pockets.

"I've never tasted any of your cooking." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"What're you trying to say? It's not poison, just try one. I promise you won't die from it." I chuckled and he slowly grabbed one with blue icing.

He bit into it and nodded. "Thank God that's the shit."

" So that means..."

"It's amazing. Why didn't you tell me you could cook?" He licked the icing off his fingers.

"Correction, I can bake. I couldn't cook if my life depended on it. I've been baking all morning because I'm bored. It took me forever to find the sugar in this huge kitchen." I rolled my eyes, double checking that the oven was off.

He laughed. "What are you gonna do with all of these?"

"I'm gonna wait for everyone else to wake up. I bet you they'll all be gone by three o'clock." I giggled. "The blue are yours, the red are Zach's, the purple are Marcella's, green are Dominic's, yellow are Eli's and pink are Alexi's. The rainbow is for anyone else who wants some." I explained as they all came into the kitchen.

"Sweet." Zach grabbed a red one. Everyone grabbed their color and soon enough, half of them were gone.

****

"You really don't have to help, Marcella. It's my mess." I said sheepishly as I cleaned the counter of spilt flour.

We finished up the mess in the kitchen I made and sat at the island counter. "Are you excited for your proposal in a few months?"

I pursed my lips. "Um, yeah, I guess." I lied through my pearly whites. The engagement party is the night I tell him I love him. I'm not excited about that at all.

"You better be." I heard a voice say from behind me and someone covered my eyes. I heard Marcella gasp and I got kinda scared.

"Why are you covering my eyes, Cristiano?"

"Man, I wanted to be cheesy as hell and ask you to guess who." He whined and removed his hand from my eyes. I looked down at the object in front of me and smiled.

"What's this for?" I asked, picking up the small cavalier King Charles spaniel stuffed animal.