38. Positives and Negatives

We waited patiently in the bathroom, well I was patient. I was sitting against the wall staring at the ceiling while he was sitting on the bathtub edge fidgeting.

"Are you sure it says five minutes?" He asked for the tenth time.

I sighed. "You are extremely nervous and very impatient. Calm down, and the five minutes will go by quickly. We have another three minutes anyways."

"Okay. Okay, I'm completely calm."

"No you're not." I shook my head.

"I know!" He groaned. After my phone beeped for the five minutes, he quickly stood up. "What does it say?"

I didn't say anything and I held it up to look at it. My eyes widened and I swear I couldn't breathe. My eyes burned with tears and soon I was full blown crying. I didn't think it'd actually happen.

He crouched down in front of me and held me tight in his arms. "So I'm guessing your expression means that we're having a baby?" He breathed. I nodded, feeling myself hyperventilate.

"W-We're having a baby." I stuttered, gripping onto his shirt.

"I know, I know. And I'm so happy. But we have to get out of the bathroom." He kissed my forehead and rubbed small circles on my arm while his other hand rubbed my stomach. I nodded and he helped me up. He made sure I stopped crying and wiped my tears. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, but I'm freaking out.

"Okay calm down." He murmured. "You okay?" He asked. I thought he'd be the one to freak out.

"Yeah, I'm good." I blew out a puff of air as he opened the bathroom door. I eventually got over the shock. Now I was just happy. My neutral smile changed into a bright one and I knew that I still had tears sliding down my cheeks occasionally. When he glanced at me he shook his head.

"You ready to tell?"

"You ready to face your father?" I countered. His walk came to a halt and he groaned.

"I don't even care. It's our kid. He can think whatever he wants to think." He huffed. "You ready to tell, or do you want to wait?" He squeezed my hand with a broad smile.

"Let's just go downstairs." Was all I said and we headed downstairs, and of course everyone was gathered in the kitchen calmly drinking coffee. There was an empty seat next to Zach at the island counter that had his jacket on it.

We walked into the kitchen without saying a word and as soon as Zach noticed me he moved his jacket so I could sit next to him.

After a few seconds of silence, he as always feels the need to break it. "Are you gonna tell us or not?"

My eyes shifted to Cristiano and he hid his smile behind his coffee mug, staying quiet. "Really?" I pursed my lips, wiping a stray tear I didn't notice. He shrugged and I sighed. The big baby.

I cleared my throat for extra effect. "I'm pregnant. With octuplets." Cristiano choked on his coffee and Zach facepalmed. People started laughing except for Eli who was too caught up in a file with earbuds in his ears. Dominic pulled one earbud back and Eli looked up in alarm.

"You just had to add that huh?" Zach shook his head and I laughed.

"Yeah. But for real, I am pregnant." I smiled and Zach threw his fists in the air.