31. A Night Without The Rules

"I thought you said we couldn't eat gelato like this all the time?" She looked at me with an eyebrow raised, twirling the cherry by the stem between her fingers.

"Well tonight, we're not following any type of rule." I winked, grabbing the whipped cream.

"No, I wanna do it." She held out her hand with her always pretty smile.

I gave it to her and she sprayed a perfect swirl of whipped cream over the tower of gelato scoops in the big bowl.

I drizzled chocolate syrup over it and she plopped the cherry on top. "I call dibs on the cherry." She said, handing me a spoon and biting her lip. She walked past me and up the stairs, her hips swaying as she walked.

"God, Harlow. Such a tease." I muttered, gathering the extra cherries, strawberries and whipped cream.

"Since you're taking so long, I might as well take a shower." I looked up at her upstairs in the doorway. She was holding one of my t-shirts in her hand.

"So I guess my shirts are your shirts, huh?"

I started to hear her beautiful laugh and a smile tugged at my lips at her next sentence.
"Well I was told that girls look sexy in their boyfriend's t-shirt. I doubt you disagree."

"You are right to doubt." I chuckled and she went back into the room and after a few minutes, I heard the shower running.

I put away the excess buckets of gelato and wiped the counter of any mess. If ma comes home tomorrow and sees any mess, I'll get the spatula.

I grabbed the extra goods and the bowl of gelato sundae, heading upstairs into our room. I managed to open the door. "That was a quick shower."

"It took you a long time just to get strawberries, cherries, whipped cream and gelato?" She turned towards me, her wet hair swinging over her shoulder.

"Well, I had to make sure every strawberry and cherry was perfect in size and sweetness, and that the whipped cream was whipped and creamy." I set everything down on the nightstand.

She laughed and stepped towards me, running her fingers over my chest. She leaned into me and got on her toes to kiss my lips. My hands cupped her face and she smiled against my lips. "I like when you do that."

She pulled back into the kiss and I searched every crevice of her mouth with my tongue. I bit her bottom lip and sucked on it. She moaned into the kiss and pulled at the hem of my shirt, but I pulled away, my forehead resting on hers. "Gelato's gonna melt, bambina."

"Fine. We'll finish later." She raised an eyebrow and smirked, turning on the TV.

She plopped down on the bed and sat against the headboard, the sheets over her legs. I sat next to her and put the big bowl of gelato between us along with the bowl of cherries and strawberries. I gave her a spoon and after two seconds, she'd eaten two bites.

"What do you want to watch?" She looked at me with doe eyes, sucking on a cherry.

"Anything."

"Finding Dory it is, then." She chirped with a bright smile.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What's that?"

She gasped, a scoff following it. "You've never heard of Dory?!" I shook my head and she gasped again. "I don't even know you anymore. That's it, we're watching Finding Nemo! You gotta learn!"