48. Wedding Days and Bundles Of Joy

My dad kissed my cheek as we stopped at the altar and I stood in front of Cristiano who had a suppressed grin on his face as he held my hands. No one's even said anything yet and I'm already tearing up. Don't judge, I'm pregnant.

"You look beautiful beyond words." He whispered almost inaudibly. Out of all times I choose to blush, why now? He chuckled at my red cheeks and continued gazing at me.

I tuned out Father Stefani's 'we are gathered here today' speech and hoped I wouldn't have to say 'butterballs' in the middle of our vows. But I was mainly focusing on Cristiano's attempts to communicate telepathically to me. He was making discreet faces and I just shrugged slightly, not having any idea as to what he's trying to say.

His eyes looked pointedly at my belly and back at my face, silently asking if I was okay. I nodded a little, and he smiled at the sound of his name, which meant it was his turn to say his vows.

"Harlow, five months ago, I almost died. Thinking, paralyzed in that bed, I knew I was dying. I could feel it. I began to think that if I did die, I'd at least die happy knowing that I'd gotten at least a taste of what it felt like to love you. But I knew you wouldn't possibly let me go. You'd kill me if I died on you," he chuckled breathlessly, making me chuckle too.

"I had faith that I'd live, and I wouldn't have that faith if I didn't have you to hold on to. I guess what I'm promising, is that I'll always have faith in you, in us. I'd never do anything to throw away what we have."

I smiled, really getting emotional now. I heard Charlie sniffle behind me and I giggled silently. Now it was my turn.

"Cristiano, you kidnapped me. Well, James and Rocco did but it was your idea. Anyways, at the time I was so mad at you. I honestly thought you were taking me God knows where my life would be more messed up than it already was. But thinking back on it now, I'm glad you did that. Because you actually gave me a family. Something I never really had. And I'll always love you for that, and I'll always consider that as the best thing to ever happen to me. There will never be a day where I stop."

Charlie nudged my back as a tear fell down my cheek and I turned to him, letting go of Cristiano's hands to get his ring. I turned back to Cristiano and looked down at my wedding ring. Damn, that was a big rock.

I slid his ring onto his ring finger on his left hand, and he did the same to me with my wedding ring.

Father Stefani smiled at the both of us, clearing his throat. "Do you, Cristiano Romano, take Harlow Winters to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." Cristiano said, before mouthing 'duh' to me, making me giggle a little.

"And do you, Harlow Winters, take Cristiano Romano to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"Of course I do." I smiled.

He looked at Cristiano. "You may now kiss the bride." And at that, Cristiano cupped my face with his hands and crashed his lips into mine as if he hadn't kissed me in years. Everyone erupted in cheers and I smiled against my husband's lips.

"No butterballs yet?" He whispered, clearly happy.

"Not yet." I shook my head and pecked his lips once more. He held my hand as we walked down the aisle to start off the reception. Everyone followed us into the ballroom, still cheery, and music rang throughout the hall.