9. "Lets make a bet."

9. "Let's make a bet."

HARLOW

"Giddyup!" I laughed. He started to slow down.

"Hey, I'm just running because we have somewhere to be. I'm not your personal horse." He said, speeding up again.

"And why didn't we just take the estate limo?"

"Because, it's a casual date. You don't ride limos on a casual date." He said a-matter-of-factly.

"Okay."

We got weird looks from people as Cristiano ran through the streets of Italy, with me on his back.

I think he thinks he's Forrest Gump.

"My mama says 'life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get'." I blurted.

He chuckled. "What?"

"It's from a movie." I giggled.

He came to a stop and set me down. I looked at the place in front of us, carousel music playing through my ears. Then at him. "You took me to an amusement park?"

"Yep. My papà used to bring me here all the time when I was little." He looked up at the big Ferris wheel. "That was my favorite ride."

I caught him off guard by putting my hand in his and interlacing our fingers together. "Well then let's go." We walked through the gates and the smell of cotton candy and popcorn hit me. We went up to the Ferris wheel waited in line. The line wasn't too long as it took two minutes to get on.

We got in our chair and buckled our seatbelt. As the ride went up very slowly, Cristiano turned to me. "Are you really okay with this?"

I knew what he was talking about. "Cristiano, my sister is visiting our apartment tomorrow. I've only gone to school a few times. When she figures that out, I'm supposed to go back to New York to a mother I hate that doesn't care about me, a sister who's just like my mother, and a divorced father who's an abusive alcoholic." I sighed.

"I'd rather be here, with you." I breathed. "So yeah, I'm really okay with this." I squeezed his hand a little.

He smiled. "I'm glad you are."

****

The ride was over soon and we decided to walk around and eat cotton candy.

"Let's talk about business. When do I get a gun?" I stuffed a piece of cotton candy in my mouth.

He chuckled. "You have to go through some training. It's just a three day trial. First day, they'll test you for any health issues. It involves a lot of needles. Second day, they test how good you are in dangerous situations whether it's fighting or making life or death decisions. Third and last day, they test your skills with guns. Then they give you a score and a rank. The highest score you can get is a 200. The highest rank is 'front lines assassin'."

"What's your score and rank?"

He looked at me like I just insulted him. "Score: 200, rank: front lines assassin. Nobody has ever matched me. The closest one to it is Zach. His score is 197 with a rank of 'front lines sniper'."