20. "Let's reconnect, shall we?"

I simply just told him that I was kind of hurt by the way he said 'we're not that serious' and he apologized. After I had to explain to him why it was hurtful. I didn't say anything about my feelings for him, obviously.

I felt really depressed from all the bad things happening to us. Not that my love for him helps anything. He asked me if I wanted anything to help me warm up from the rain cause he didn't want me to catch a cold. I said no. He asked me if I needed anything or if I was hungry and I just continued to say no in my depressed state.

Now, I lie in bed with the lights off, faced away from him and he was facing me. I could feel his gaze on me. "What is it, Cristiano?" I asked quietly.

He sighed. "Nothing. Come here." I looked at him and his arms were open. I hesitantly scooted closer to him and laid my head on his chest while he wrapped his arms around me.

"Harlow. You know I like you. Like, really like you. It's not that I don't care. Or that you're not important to me because you are. I'm sorry for hurting you. I never intended to. It's just one of the reasons that I'm so fucked up." He rubbed tiny circles with his thumb on my arm.

I didn't say anything but a quiet and simple, "Okay." And I left it at that. He sighed lightly, kissing my head.

A tear slid down my cheek and I forced myself to fall asleep.

To be honest, I wasn't completely depressed for me. I was more depressed for him.

****

The next day it was time for the all mob party. My dress was beautiful and me recently being a crybaby, I cried about how it was prettier than me. Of course, when Cristiano wasn't there.

I had actually avoided him all day. He would try and talk to me but I'd keep my distance and give him simple nods. I spent most of the day with Zach. We went out into the Familia garden and talked for a bit.

I was on my way from Alexi's room, cause she had just finished my hair and makeup. But I was stopped and pushed against the wall, an angry Cristiano staring into my eyes, as if he was looking at my soul. He pinned me, his hands on my shoulders, with a sad look in his eyes, followed by anger and an emotion I didn't identify. His hair was messy, as if he had ran his hands constantly through it. He was wearing a dark blue suit, but I could tell he was hiding his gun in his suit jacket. His suit matched my dress.

"God, why are you ignoring me?" He asked, a high amount of irritation and furiousness in his voice.

I gulped. The look on his face was hard and frightening. My breathing hitched and he looked very impatient about my answer. "Harlow. Answer me. I don't have the composure for this."

"I'm sorry." Was all I could manage to say and it came out in a whisper. He sighed and pulled me into a hug. I hesitated but I wrapped my arms around his neck, taking in his usual honey and expensive cologne scent. "It's not your fault. Whatever's happening, it's my fault. You don't know how sorry I am. Just, next time you're upset with me, don't ignore me. I hate it when you ignore me." He whispered. He pulled away and smiled apologetically. "I'll leave you to get ready. I'll be waiting for you downstairs." He went down the stairs and into Dominic's office.

I went into our room and looked at the dress. As much as I wanted to think about how gorgeous it was, I couldn't because a certain man was stuck in my head. God, what is he doing to me?