36. Dream About The Future

"You look beautiful

"You look beautiful. I'll never get tired of telling you." I grabbed her hand and pecked her lips. It was September 5th, by the way.

She smiled. "Do you ever run out of complements?"

"Nope. Let's go." I led her to the car and opened the passenger door for her. She got it and I trotted to the drivers'.

I got in and buckled up. "You're the DJ for this ride."

She changed the station and cheered for her favorite song Shape Of You.

****

"Ooh, I hear water. Am I gonna get my dress wet like our last date?"

"No. Maybe. Depends." I kept my hand over her eyes. We reached the river and I stopped her.

"Ta-da!" I removed my hand from her eyes and her eyes widened in shock.

"Dude. How?"

"How did I get the lights in the trees? Find this place? It was easy." I bluffed. It couldn't have been more difficult. "Care to sit?" I sat down on the dock and she sat beside me, taking off her heels and kicking her feet in the clear lake.

"Oh, wow. How handy is it that there's a picnic basket right here stocked with your favorite food?" I acknowledged the basket and she laughed, looking through it.

"You're so weird." She took out a container of hot spaghetti and meatballs. "Ooh, you're right though." She took a bite. "Really hot. And so is the food."

I laughed at her little complement. "See? You're not the only one with compliments." She added.

"I see. But one thing. I didn't bring a bucket of gelato."

She looked at me, her mouth agape. "What? But you always--"

"I brought a bowl and sundae toppings." I grinned and she sighed with relief.

"Okay, whew. I thought I was gonna have to kill you."

I laughed and kissed her cheek. "I'd never forget your favorite treat."

****

"So, I'm a Capricorn. You're Cancer." I hummed in response, staring at the stars. "Makes sense, Cancers are moody."

"I am not moody." I scoffed.

"Bam! Mood swing right there. You went from calm to on defensive edge in a second."