Can we keep him?

Central park. It was bustling with children playing, women talking, and vendors selling their weird food and souvenirs. Just a normal busy Saturday.

Alec and I wondered off to a part where most mundanes didn't know about. It was kind of a comfort spot for the both of us. Today though, it seems like we were being interrupted.

Out in the vast field you could see a young canine running about in the open. It seemed to be having the best time of its life. It dug holes and chased leaves falling off the early autumn trees. It seemed very young and unaware of reality.

As Alec stepped on a stick in front of him, which made a loud noise, the dog perked its attention to us instead of the thrown away Cola can on the ground.

It ran over to us with its ears bouncing and it's tail wagging. I squatted down to the dogs level and began to pet it behind the ears; his tail wagged faster.

"I didn't know you were a dog person." Alec said while petting the dog also.

"I prefer cats," I reply, "but I also like dogs."

Alec nodded and began to pet the dog more vigorously, which the lost animal was paying full attention to Alec now.

"It seems like he really likes you." I told Alec.

"He?"

"Yeah it's clearly a boy. If you couldn't tell by it's.....parts."

By now Alec was a full shade of red, which made me laugh.

"Come on are you twelve? We can handle some talk about our lower region. We all have one here."

Alec and I just stared at each other for a few seconds before bursting out into laughter.

I really do love him.
----------------
After about an hour of playing fetch with a hyper active puppy I was ready to go home.

The puppy fell asleep and Alec was now carrying him in his arms.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Taking him home with us." He replied, "We can't yjust leave him out here alone."

"But Alec, it probably has a owner out there that loves him and is looking for him. And besides I'm not keeping a puppy in my apartment."

"Can we please just keep him. Just until we find a family. And if no one says anything after a week we'll bring him to the kennel."

I sighed and checked the clock on my phone. 11:48 it read.

"Fine Alec, but only a week." I told him as re started to walk to our loft.

"Only a week I promise."
-----------
Over the past 3 days Alec and the puppy (which he named Roxas) became very attached. I think it's going to be hard for him to let go.

Today I found a missing flyer for a missing puppy named Clover. Looked just like Roxas. I have to tell him.

I walk inside to find Alec laying on the couch with Roxas right on his lap. Alec and Roxas were fast asleep. The seemed to be watching reruns of some show on Freeform.

I walked over and kissed Alec on the forehead which caused him to stir in his sleep. "Magnus?" He groaned.

"Shh just go back to sleep." But Alec was only paying attention to the crumbled up paper in my hand. "What's that."

I was about to dismiss when he grabbed it out of my hand and read it. ".....he's gotta leave already?"

"I'm sorry Alec but this is his family."

Alec hugged the dog tightly which was truly one of the most adorable things I've ever seen.

"I'll call them." He says.
-----------
The look was truly saddening when Alec had to give his beloved puppy away.

He looked so close to crying.

We were cuddled up on the couch, Alec in my lap while I run my fingers through his hair.

"I want my own puppy." Alec pouts.

"We could always just get a baby." I said and Alec gave me this confused face.