So many pastabilities

Tonight was Magnus and I's one year anniversary. I wanted to make something special for him, but I wasn't the most skilled cook.

Yes, I could make simple things like sandwiches or toast, but when it came to making dinners; I was terrible.

To impress Magnus, I had to make something edible but unique. Maybe some kinda of pasta; like spaghetti or fettuccine.

I could try.

I got out one of Magnus' many cook books from the shelf and opened it to a random page.

How to make simple spaghetti

Simple. That must mean even Isabelle could do it.

Isabelle couldn't even make toast without burning it.

I follow the steps and start to boil the thin noddles into a pot of boiling water. I'm pretty sure you can't burn water.

Right?

Anyways, I start chopping up vegetables to make a salad. Knifes are just like tiny swords.

But I'm better with a bow.

Lettuce, tomato, cucumbers. Why are there so many green thinks in a salad?

Green isn't a creative color.

Behind, the stove started hissing. The water from the pot was spilling over onto the hot stove.

I suddenly turn off the fire and set the pot in the sink.

Next drain the pasta.

What the hell does that mean.

So I just get the noddles out of the pot with a holey spoon. I'm doing great.

I then get pasta sauce from the cabinet and pour it on top of the two plates. After, I sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on top.

And the top fell off.

Great.

Well dinner at least seems somewhat edible.

Lastly, I put to slices of garlic bread in the oven to toast. I'm pretty sure you can't put garlic bread in the toaster.

While I sat near the oven waiting for it to go off, I got a text from the annoying blonde (aka meme master Jace).

He sent me a cute picture of his son, Joshua.

I mentally awed and thought: would Magnus ever want kids?

Before I knew it, 30 minutes time passed and the bread was only supposed to be in the oven for 10 minutes.

Light smoke filled the kitchen and one of the alarms went off, which caused the several other to join in.

I sighed and took the crisp black bread out of the oven. I hurried to try to turn the alarms off when someone walked into the door.

Magnus looked at me curiously and sighed while turning off the alarms in the snap of a finger.

"Alexander what are you doing?" He questions with that look. You know the look I'm talking about. Like when you accidentally spill grape juice on your moms white rug. He was giving me that look.

"Cooking." I answered simply.

"Why you never cook," he replies, "is it someone's birthday?"

That's when my heart slowly faded away.

He forgot our anniversary.

"You mean you don't know?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "No, what are you talking about."

My vision slowly starts to get blurry. Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

I ran into our bedroom but stopped and stared at it for a while.

It was completely decorated in the style of a romantic hotel in France.

"Magnus I-" I turned around to find Magnus has rapped his arms around my torso.

"Did you really think I would forget the most important day of my life?"

I started to tear up again, but this time; it was happy tears.

"...I-I tried to make dinner. But it's all as good as shit."

"It's fine. I know something even sweeter anyways." He whispered lustfully into my ear as he pinned me down on our new luxurious bed.
-----------------

I done! Halp. I can't sleep!