The Date

Part 3 to the "innocent" trilogy

"How could you have a date with Magnus Bane and not tell me?" Isabelle ranted. I stood at my closet door, browsing through my options, then I drop a pair of white ripped jeans of my comforter. "I don't need to tell you everything Isabelle. And honestly, it's none of your business." A groan of annoyance left her lips. "You'll be sorry when you mess up your date with Magnus." She stomped out my room, her high heels clicking a little louder than usual.

I sigh at my younger sister as I go to the bathroom to get ready for my date.

~~~~~~~~~

He said he'd come pick me up at 7:00 and it's 7:30. Is that just me being paranoid because I think that's pretty late. I roll my eyes and turn around to pathetically go back to my room and cry, but then I heard a yell. "Wait, Alec!" I turn around to see Magnus running this way with something in his hand. He finally makes his way towards me and I can see that he had roses in his hands. Or at least what's left of them.

His hair was so sweaty it was sticking to his forehead, and it was all over the place. But honestly I found that kinda sexy. I'm so weird. "Sorry for being late," he apologized "just I had to walk here then I tried to get flowers and it was kind of a long line. So I just stole some from the park." I laugh at this. Somehow this isn't the crazy animal that I met at the party that one night. He hands me the broken rose stems.  He grabs my hand and we take a calming walk towards the sunset.

~~~~~~~

I don't make it back home until the next morning. That morning I woke up in Magnus' bed, completely naked. I blushed at the thought of last night. Magnus was still asleep so I cuddled closer to him, not wanting to ever let go. But after a while, I did have to leave.

I got home and jumped on my bed, dreamily sighing. A buzz comes from the bedside table and I look over to see a new notification on my phone. I look at the messages.

Magnus: miss you already

Magnus: also I wanted to ask about those scars on you.

Oh shit