Chapter Eight

Lips pressed in a thin line, brows furrowed in a frown, and eyes narrowed in a tiny glare.

My unhappiness clearly displayed as I headed home.

Barging in to the front door, the strong smell of bacon wafted to me. A scent that always make me forget about everything and would just make me remember about food.

"Alexandrielle!!" My mom scolded me when I just let the door bang shut with a loud echo.

"Give me a nickname so that pronouncing my name won't give you an effort!" I called back - half sarcastic and half serious.

"Oh you-" she started but calmed herself down.

Climbing the stairs, I immediately headed to my room and cleaned myself.

Dressing in my light orange and black striped thin sweater and a jean short; I headed downstairs. My tummy is complaining because I haven't eaten lunch. Thanks to Mr. Donald.

Passing through my brother's door, the sound of a video game playing is loudly heard. I didn't bother checking out on him. I'm not in the mood.

Heading straight to the kitchen, a maid passed by me holding the trashbin in dad's office.

It was full of letter envelopes and I frowned in confusion. Dad never receives letter. He hates it. He's been away to France three weeks ago for a business alliance and will only be back tonight...maybe. But judging by the envelope, it has been opened and read.

"Nanny, how long are those letter there?" I asked the maid. Well...she is the oldest and she was my nanny when I was a baby so I just call her nanny till now.

"Oh, this? Well, it's been in your dad's office before he fled to France. I didn't get to dispose of them because we've been busy lately. But don't worry, everything's thoroughly cleaned and organized" she assured me with her motherly smile.

I just nodded trying to put into the back of my mind, but it still bothered me. Why? Nah I don't know. Why am I even thinking about a damn envelope?

Arriving in the kitchen, my mom stood there with her hands on her hips. Her cream colored floral dress flowed gracefully down her hourglass body - which I inherited from her. But I was quite on the thin side but I'm toner and fitter.

Wait...why am I thinking this again?

"First day" she started with her motherly voice that she uses if me and my brother Jaken misbehave. I feel like a freaking five year old right now!

"First day of school and you immediately got into a fight and got suspended. Honestly Alexandrielle! What are you thinking?! You-"

"That's exactly the reason why I don't want to go to school!" I snapped at her. I didn't want to go back in the first place, but what did she do? She forced me, and what happened? I screwed up.

"I already stopped schooling by will but you forced me. And now that I screwed up, it's my fault? Who forced me in the first place?!" My voice rose as anger tries to consume me.

My hands are shaking as I restrain myself from dominating her.

"Don't talk to me like that, Alexandrielle! I am your mother here and you should respect me. I gave you life and-"

"Respect is earned not given!" I countered.

Her eyes narrowed in slits as her anger bubbled inside her too. "You are the first born of the Riley Clan. You are the heir of the company and all expect you to act as a real leader and a good daughter. Not some disrespectful, stupid brat"

That's when I snapped. Before I know it, I had her slammed into the wall with her throat in my hands.

Red flaming rage is consuming me. My hands tightening around her throat every second. She's gasping for air, clawing at me, trying to fight herself free but I'm stronger than her.

The maids are panicking, debating on themselves if they should help and save their lady's life or interfere and be in her position.

Before anything happens though, the front door swung open in such a full force before a deep voice boomed in anger.

"Alexandrielle!!"