Chapter Forty-One

So far, Friday ended well. I had a new friend named Lance. You know, the Olly guy? And the practice even passed well. All got in time and we finally voted for the characters.

Jane will be Juliet. She might not be that pretty but I know she is from beneath. She's just not confident with how she looks. And talking about skills, I know she has potential inside her, and confidence problem won't be a pain anymore because she's already learning to trust herself.

Zach would be Romeo. Appearance, tone of voice, skill, posture...he has it all.

Sam will be Lady Capulet, Lance would be Lord Capulet, Rick (the football guy that humiliated Jane before) will be Tybalt, Anne will be Nurse, Jack would be Lord Montague, Larry will be Mercutio, Victor as Benvolio...and etc etc.

And finally!! Saturday is tomorrow! Yes! Time to visit the band.

Combing my hair in front of my huge desk mirror with royal design, I sighed as I look at my appearance.

Dark-brown eyes stare back at me with curiosity, perfectly arched eyebrows, korean nose, pink full lips; not too small, not too big, not too thin, not too thick, angel-shaped face accompanied by raven black hair, slender body, petite and toned, tall with perfect curves in every part of my body.

I remember when I was still on my puberty stage. My body was forming into womanhood and I would hear whispers here and there how rare my beauty are, that I am like an angel fallen from heaven that it is such a pity that my own family couldn't appreciate the rare treasure that is in front of them.

I then asked myself in the mirror...why?

Why couldn't they just accept me? Why couldn't they love me? Why couldn't they see me the way I am? Why can't they want me?

If I am really a rare treasure as they say, why couldn't my own family accept me? What does anybody has that I don't? Am I not that good enough?

I shook my head as three tears escaped my eyes. I shouldn't dwell in my insecurities. If they couldn't accept me the way I am, then it's their loss.

Going to my bed and lying there, I was going to close my eyes when my phone beeped in my bedside drawer.

Opening the message, my crazy heart skipped a beat.

"Good night, Alexandrielle. Sweet dreams"

Oh wow, such a goodnight message you have, jerk!

I thought before lying down and letting the darkness succumb me into its endless void.

*****

"No! Please don't" an anguished cry resounded as laughters echoed through the whole room.

Searching through the dark, I see nothing. My feet is feeling damp as I hear drip drops of water somewhere.

"Hello?" I called out but I couldn't seem to hear my own voice. As if, I'm only thinking it in my mind.