Chapter Seventy-Eight

Chattering, clanking, drinks pouring...anything you could expect in a fancy restaurant. All are dressed in any kinds of clothing, formal, semi-formal, casual, semi-casual...anything.

Zach said something to a waiter and the waiter nodded before walking away.

"What did you tell him?" I asked and he gave me a secretive smile.

"Not telling" he said and I groaned.

"You're really killing me" I grumbled while he just chuckled under his breath.

"At least you'll die beautifully" he joked with a wink.

The waiter came back with a smile before leading us to a private room.

The room is decorated with a beautiful red shade silks with glass walls. In the middle are beautifully decorated tables and chairs with romantic candles and flower vases and all.

There are a few people with us, dressed fashionably and I suddenly feel self-conscious. We are just dressed casually while others are dressed fancily.

Some eyes looked at us as we are escorted to our table, which is near the glass walls. My shoulders nearly slumped but Zach gave me a reassuring squeeze and I relaxed.

Zach pulled the chair out for me and I sat with him gently pushing it back. Smiling at him as he sat down, he gave me a confused look.

"Should I be creeped out?" He asked jokingly and I shook my head.

"Here you are, saying you don't know how to be romantic when you just proved otherwise earlier" I said and it dawned on him.

"Was that really? I thought being romantic means giving gifts and all." He said and I laughed lightly.

"That too" I said as we look on our menu.

After ordering, we chatted for a while, talking about ourselves, our hobbies, likes, dislikes and whatnot.

Wanna know what I know about him? Well, his favorite color is gray and black. He gets irritated when someone is defiant with him. He hates tomatoes and gingers. He loves any song that has a beautiful message and story. He sometimes listen to classical music and also listens to Beethoven and Mozart's symphonies. His hobby is just chilling in the house and doing whatever he finds productive. He plays kick boxing along with some of his business partners and friends. Wheew!

After a while, the waiter came back with the tray of food expertly balanced in his hands.

"How often do you come here?" I asked and he just shrugs.

"When there is an ocassion. I use to take my grandma here for a dinner just two of us but..." He trailed off looking sorrowful.

"What dishes do you eat here though?" I asked and he snapped out of it.

The waiter gently placed our food down along with my requested pineapple juice. Weird, I know.

While eating, Zach and I chatted other things, avoiding the subjects about his grandmother. I also tried hard not to ask about his mother because, maybe...it's a very touchy subject for him. And besides, he doesn't seem comfortable talking about his family. I wonder why?

Finishing the dish, the waiter took it away and set off to get our desserts.

The private room's door opened and a too fancy dressed girl strolled in. She is pretty, I gotta admit that. Long blonde hair, curled in the ends like mine. Emerald eyes with a Spanish bone structure.

When she gets near us, I sensed her aura and I tensed....a dominant.

Eyeing her, she has a posture of a dominant. She's not strong but I have a bad feeling about her. That nagging feeling is nagging at me again.

Passing us to take the table which is two tables away from ours, I caught the way she looked at Zach. Not flirty...worse. Bitchy way is the right term along with a longing look.

Zach noticed her and I noticed him getting uncomfortable.

Taking the seat at the said table, a waiter entertained her and obviously flirted. Yuck!

The dessert finally came and we dig in.

"Do you know her?" I asked, referring to the female and he shook his head. I still have that bad feeling.

Looking back at the other female dominant, she is looking at me with hatred and jealousy. Glaring back at her, I gave her a growl and she looked away.

"Have you been to a lake before?" Zach asked me, taking a spoonful of his chocolate cake.

"No." I answered, trying to forget about that female. I shouldn't let her ruin this happy moment of mine with Zach.

"I know a place" he suggested with a twinkling eyes.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded.

"Let's go" I excitedly said but he shook his head with a smile.

"Let's finish this first" he said an you know what I did? I finished mine in just two minutes.

"Eager" Zach mumbled chuckling before standing up and leading me out.

Opening the car door for me, he headed to his side of the car before driving away to take me to my very first visit to a lake.

AN: Aaaah...mystery. Nothing to say. Ciao! Joke!

Anyway, I'm craving for chocolate. Who loves chocolate here like I do?

-❤MA_011