Chapter Sixty-Four

Waking up the next day, I am still in the same room and I frowned. Where the hell am I? Did I just teleport or something? There's no room like this at home.

Getting up, a bead of sweat trickled down my forehead with the effort and the pain it causes. I have to catch my breath before going to wash myself.

"Alexandrielle? Are you awake? Can I come in?" I heard Nanny's voice outside the door.

"Yes" was all I managed to call out before bending over with the pain on my back.

"Oh dear!" She exclaimed as she rushed to my side. "You're bleeding" she stated before opening a drawer and giving me a pill of some sort, along with a glass of water she had along with.

I took it and it gives me a slight relief from the pain. Painkillers huh?

After that, Nanny led me to the bathroom and washed me, careful not to touch or apply too much pressure on my back. She disinfected my back as she changed the bandage. She have done this lots of times because I've been whipped before, but the reason why she's sniffling is something that tells me that this is different. Something worse.

"That bad huh?" I asked her, already imagining how bad it is that cause her heart to wrench.

By now, her painful cries filled the bathroom and my eyes watered at her pain. She's in pain because of me, because what I've been through. It's good to know that someone actually cares, but it's hard to share that pain with that person.

"Cheer up Nanny, soon it'll be over" I tried comforting her.

"No...how c-can you even try to...to comfort me instead o-of...comforting yourself?" She sobbed. "You're really selfless, you know that? I hate you for it that you always care for everyone than yourself. Why...? Even though you're in pain, you always put everyone first. Why can't you be selfish for just once?" She sobbed harder and somehow, my cold heart melted at her. To me she is my mother, to her I am her daughter. She will always be the most important to me.

"That's because I won't be able to protect you if I become selfish" I said. I remember when I was a kid. She always have to take a beating every time I am blamed. She always stood up for me, saying 'You don't deserve it'. I use to think of her as weak and hopeless because she doesn't know my world, that even though I don't deserve it, I do deserve it. But because of her I learned to stood up my ground, I learned to protect, to appreciate strength until I am molded into someone my parents couldn't beat.

After our drama in the bathroom, I was then dressed in a soft silk white dress that reaches my knee. It hugs my curves perfectly but it still has space for skin not to touch. It is delicate and comfortable to my damaged back and I can also move comfortably without wincing in pain.

Preparing me food, the table is filled with all variety of healthy foods. Meat, wheat, salads, vegetables, fruits, juices, milks...all. But at the sight of those, I felt sick and bile raised up my throat. Running away, I barely made it in the bathroom before I threw up everything I didn't even take in.

AN: Hey guys! Fast update? Yeah maybe. Anyway...sorry for those who messaged me that I couldn't reply to. As I said, wattpad is keeping me at doing so. I really want to talk and chat with you guys but...fate is really not on my side because my stupid brain decided to break Alexandrielle. 👊👊

Anyways, that's all. Got nothing to say and...bye-bye! Till next chapter! 👋

-MA_011