Chapter Thirteen

3 days, 12 hours, 34 minutes, and 36 seconds later....

I really should stop counting time.

It's been three days since that happened...and me? Let's just say I'm starting to get up again.

Instead of wasting my time, moping and just staring at the ceiling, I decided to make something...productive. Instead of just looking up to the ceiling, I decided to make myself busy to forget those by searching the internet, surfing, even reading.

And at school, I volunteered myself to lots of club to keep myself busy so that I won't have to think too much about it. So far, I was doing great. I had joined the music club, the dancing, the acting, the literature club, tutoring, school council and even sports. It's just the same as before.

"Class, due to our topic which is about the story of Romeo and Juliet, the principal requested to have a play. What do you all guys think?" Our literature teacher happily announced.

A student raised his hand "Would this be a competition?"

Mrs. Andrea (literature teacher) looked at the guy. "Actually no. But since the English Festival is near, the principal thought it would be a best way to entertain the people. And besides, this will also be your project this second quarter. You are going to be judged individually, not by team. There will also be special awards like best director, best actress/actor, best antagonist, and many more. Not only that, there will also be guests. And they said, if they like the performance; there will be a $10,000 cash prize"

The whole class erupted into cheers and a small smile actually graced my lips. This is the first time I smiled after that. And the fact that I was actually excited means, I'm finally getting my interest back.

"OK class, quiet now. Though the principal expects this to be a very beautiful play, it is required for you to have a director with the knowledge and skills to lead. Therefore, you must choose who should be your director. Any choices? Nominations?"

The class silenced as all of them tries to think who is rightful for the situation.

"I'd like to nominate Alexandrielle"

All heads turned to the source to find the guy that asked the question earlier. Even I was actually shocked to be nominated. I mean me? A dominant? Who would want to be dominated?

"Though we're looking for the deserving, why do you think Miss Riley is the right one to be the director of this play?" She challenged him.

"That's because everyone witnessed her leadership. She might be a dominant but she uses it properly. Only she has the power and will to teach her members the right way without hurting them. And besides, she's also a member of the school council, her leadership is already manifestated. That's why I chose her" he stated proudly while smiling at me.

Mrs. Andrea smiled; seeming satisfied with his reasons. "Any more nominations?" She asked.

None did and then she declared me as the director. "You will assign who will be the characters" was her last words before leaving.