Chapter Seventy-Three

After filling my monster of a stomach with no other than our favorite dish, I slumped on the chair with a contented sigh.

Now that's life.

After a while, I sat up and brought the plates to the sink.

"Oh ma'am, please let us do it for you" the same middle aged woman exclaimed as she tried to do the dishes for me.

"No it's fine, I'll do it myself" I told her gently but she shook her head in defiance.

"Ma'am, it is our work. We can take it from here" she gently said and I know she won't take no for an answer.

Pouting a little, I give in. "OK" I said as I dried my hand with the hand dryer near the sink.

When I was at the kitchen doorway, I turned back towards her.

"What's your name?" I asked her and she looked at me in disbelief.

"It-it's Janet, ma'am"

Smiling at her "please call me Lex. No need to go all formal here" I told her but again, she shook her head. Such a defiant one, I feel my other side's distaste at this defiant person. But of course, I couldn't dominate her for that. It's a petty reason.

"Ma'am, we are to call our masters here ma'am and sir. We'll be in trouble if we don't" she said.

"Even though your master requested you to call her in her nickname?" I asked and she nodded.

"The mansion has its rules and the Harrison family is strict with rules and regulations. Sorry, ma'am" she said and I nodded in understanding.

I started to walk again but again stopped and turned to her.

"Are you the one that put my things in?" I asked and she nodded uncertainly.

"I had a few help, ma'am" she said with her head bowed low, not looking at me in the eye.

"Do you know where my books are? I couldn't find them" I told her and she was about to speak when someone beat her to it.

"Janet, where are Dan and Sam? They haven't clean the front yard and Zach won't be thrilled to know that" an older woman came in and asked Janet. Her face is so motherly and kind, another version of Nanny.