Chapter Eighty-Four

Ever experienced completely zoning out, not hearing, not seeing, not feeling anything? If you ask me, I do. Tyler's video really hit me good and I couldn't stop trying to figure out what he wants to say to me. I know I shouldn't make it a big deal but my instinct told me I should; that I should dig deeper about this.

"Lex!" I jumped in shock and looked at Zach who is looking worried. "Are you OK? You've been zoning out. I've been calling you for a while but you doesn't seem to be in your own body"

Taking a deep breath, "I'm fine. Don't worry about me" I said but from the look he is giving me, I know he don't believe me. "Maybe I'm still tired even though I fell asleep at the house" I said half truthfully.

Nodding, he continued to eat and so do I. I'm having my favorite beefsteak but I don't know why it doesn't appeal me at all. Whatever that video means, it did a great job to eat at me.

The bell of the restaurant opened and three men came in, looking murderous. Not just any men...dominants.

Zach eyed them like a hawk, tense, jaw clenched, stance in his dominant mode.

"Harrison!" The middle man shouted in anger and the semi-fancy restaurant freeze at the anger that is radiating from them.

"Anderson" Zach greeted calmly with a hidden fury. His eyes dilating into his dangerous dominant eyes that somehow instilled fear inside me.

The Anderson guy's eyes snapped to me and I saw pure loathing in them. Narrowing my eyes, my dominant side also resurfacing.

The people in the restaurant started leaving, scared of the storm that is coming.

"So this is the bitch" he remarked and the other two guys give me a show of their canines.

Both Zach and I released a loud threatening growl that they shake to noticeably. How dare he call me bitch!

"Glad to know you're still an asshole til now. What would you do if I destroy your company once again?" Zach taunted with the threat clear in his voice.

"You punk! You're gonna pay for that and using us! You fucking bastard!" He shouted at Zach as he lunged at him.

Zach fluidly stood up and grabbed Anderson's throat and slammed him on the ground. The other guy lunged at him but like the first one, he sent him slamming hard on the ground. The other guy lunged at me and when he is at the distance I want him to be, I put my right hand underneath the right side of the table and flipped it as it sent the guy on the ground. Zach growled angrily as he beat the hell out of the guy. His anger and fury radiating from him in waves and instead of getting afraid of him like before, it provided me comfort.