Chapter Seventy-Nine

"Are you trying to kill me?" I asked Zach jokingly as he lead me further through the forest.

"Yes and don't even think of running" he played along with me as our feet crunch up the leaves beneath us.

The sun has already set and darkness is already succumbing us. I wonder what Zach has in his sleeve. Is it full moon and he wants to show me the lake with the full moon illuminating it? I looked up and it is. The full moon shines brightly, proud and magnificent. It is so bright and we can see our way clearly.

"Ooh I'm scared" I faked with a scared voice.

"You should be, you're a kitten" he said.

"Hey!" I complained while he just laughed.

Ten minutes and 45 seconds later...

How long is that lake he's talking about? I think he really wants to murder me.

"How far?" I asked as he ducked under a low branch.

"Another mile" he answered as I duck with that same branch.

"You're kidding, right?" I asked but he didn't answer. The trees covered the moon's light making it a little bit darker. I can't see if he's joking or actually serious because he didn't even answer.

"Zach..." I stopped when my feet caught something and I stumbled.

Cussing, I tried to pull my feet from the tree root I actually got my feet stuck at. Wow Alexandrielle, you're such a clutz.

Pulling it the second time, it is finally freed. Wheeew!

Looking back towards Zach, I expected him to have stopped and came back for me and is waiting but I saw no one. Great! Did he just ditched me? I don't think so. This is some kind of prank and if he wants to play, be it.

"Funny Zach" I called out as I started to walk. I don't know where I should go but I should find him. And besides, I know he's watching me. His powerful aura is around the place but I can't determine where the hell is his exact direction.

"You wanna play a game? You should've said so. Hide and seek? You're on" I called out again as I started to look for him.

A while later, I still couldn't find him and I know I strayed so far from the trail. It didn't even help that his aura had filled the whole forest and I don't know where to look anymore.

"Zach can you just come out? What date is this to play hide and seek? Really?" I groaned as I turn in circles, looking for that damn hider.

"Zach if you are ditching me I swear I'll kill you myself then bring you back alive again then kill you again and again. You're choice. I'm not into your game anymore OK?" I called out frustratingly and I caught a glimpse of a shadow of a man. Finally!

"Zach!" I called out but he ran.

"Damn you!" I cursed as I ran after him. He disappeared.

"Zach!" I called again, getting more frustrated.

Turning all around me, I saw his shadow again and I followed it. And again, he disappeared in the dark. What is this? Horror scene?

Breathing hard, my heart pounding in my chest.

A hot breath fanned the skin on my neck, followed by a kiss on my weak spot.

Turning around, nothing's there. "Zach I'll really kill you" I threatened in the dark.

His shadow appeared again and I followed it. And of course, he again disappeared. Great! So great!

For I don't even know how long, the same pattern goes on and on. Appear, follow, disappear, kiss, disappeared again, appear and blah blah blah.

By the fifth time, I'm already panting hard. Damn that Harrison! I'll murder him a gruesome, painful and slow death once we're home.

It's very dark already. The trees completely covered the moon's light and I know I'm in the heart of the forest. You know, the darkest and deepest part? I know this is not a fairytale but come on! It actually feels like it.

Closing my eyes, I breathed in deeply to calm my racing heart and breathing.

A warm, moist lips kissed mine and I know it is no other than Zach. Raising my hands to push him away, he caught them and turned me around with my eyes closed. I don't wanna see him at this moment.

I groaned as I struggle in his hold.

"Open you're eyes" his husky baritone voice lightly commanded me and I did.

Once opened, the sight knocked the breath out of me.

(AN: Picture above. Discard the lady in it, it's a photo bomber. 😉)

Gasping, I turn around to finally see Zach. He has this genuine smile in his face that I love so much that it is so hard to keep getting angry at him.

"Surprise"

AN: Who's still angry at Zach? Me!! *raises right hand*

-❤MA_011