Chapter Sixty-Eight

Oh my god! I think I'm going to die in embarrassment.

Hiding behind Zach, his right hand is placed on my hip as he helps me to cover myself.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry...I didn't...I" Nanny stuttered nervously while blushing profusely.

"It's OK Nanny. Is there something you need?" Zach asked her as politely as he could but I still sense his annoyment at being interrupted.

I lightly slapped him in the back. He chuckled under his breath as a smile appeared in my lips.

"Uh..uhhh...I was going to come and help carry the things but uhh..." She trailed off as she blushed again.

Both Zach and I chuckled at her embarrassment.

*****

"Lex..." Zach called me as we are driving away from the hospital.

"Yes Zachy boy?" I teased him and he pouted.

"Here I am thinking months and months of what to give you as a nickname and you just decided now with boyish stupid nickname for me...tsk tsk tsk. I'm disappointed" he feigned disappointment with a shake in his head as I laugh at him.

Taking the seatbelt of and leaning towards him, I kissed his cheek and smiled. "Thanks for the nickname...I like it" I told him sincerely. I never had nicknames before. Just counter names like midget, princess and whatnot. Tyler did give me one but I never put such importance to it. But with Zach, the very first guy that had made my heart flutter and give me mixed emotions, it became the most precious to me.

"Glad to give you one. Alexandrielle is quite a long name to just utter everytime but it's beautiful...so unique like the person who owns it" he said while staring at me in the eye with so much sincerity.

A stupid smile crept in my face and I couldn't help it!

"So why bother giving me a nickname then?" I asked as he continues to drive.

"Because if a person gives another person a nickname, it means that that person is very special to him" he said and butterflies fluttered in my stomach while my crazy heart is being...crazy again.

"I'm flattered" I muttered and he chuckled. Taking my hand in his, he entwined it before kissing my knuckles.

"I will always make you" he said with a smile before directing his gaze on the road.

Smiling, I looked back at the road to see him taking a turn away from the direction where my house are.

Getting confused, I looked at him in confusion. Sighing, his expression fell.

"We're going to my house" he said and I felt my heart tug.

"We're not going there?" I asked referring at my parents' house. My voice soft and in a verge of tears.

"Lex, it is in the deal. We have told you before a few days before the engagement party. You're going to stay with me. And as much as I want to please you and let you stay with them for a while, I can't. They can hurt you again" he said. His face contorting in rage while the hand that is gripping the steering wheel is turning white.

Taking a deep breath, "I guess you're right." I said while he gave my hand a comforting squeeze.

"I also have something to give you once we arrive" he said with a twinkle in his eyes and I couldn't help getting excited.