|13| • Planning, Reminiscing •

The supermarkt really wasn't all that far away and once we got there we quickly found everything we needed and wanted for dinner, and then drove back to his house. This time no one talked to him, people just looked at him occasionally. I started to think about how I would react if I saw him in public somewhere. I mean if it hadn't been for our history, I probably would have ended up being a huge fan of the band. And out of the four of them he was definitely the one who I found the most interesting, the most attractive. So what would I do if I saw him in public?

First of all probably question my sanity. Then I would probably talk to whoever was with me to make sure I wasn't just seeing things. And then, depending on how courageous I was, I might go to talk to him, and probably make a huge fool of myself. That sounds like something I would do. Which meant that the position I was in now, in his car, as his friend, was much more to my liking. I mean, how many other people could say that they cooked dinner with a famous person? However, if I was honest, that wasn't even the best part of the day. The best part of the day was definitely that I had my old best friend back in my life.

When Brian parked the car, we both got out and got the things from the boot of his car. "I'm not really sure when the last time I bought so much food in one day was," he told me, seeming slightly amused.

"Oh, well, I'm sorry I'm making you buy so much." I chuckled and smiled at him. "I told you I can pay for half.."

"I know, and I told you don't be silly. I appreciate that, and I'm not trying to brag or anything, but we both know we bought expensive things, and I know from experience that those things matter to you money-wise. I'm not saying you're poor, but let me just take care of this. It doesn't matter to me. I'm not going to let you pay, so you might as well just accept it."

"Okay then.. thank you. I appreciate it." I followed him to the house and waited for him to unlock the door.

"You can just pay me back in other ways, don't worry." He smiled at me and let me go inside first.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, looking at him slightly amused.

Seemingly catching on, he widened his eyes a little and shook his head. "Oh no, nothing like that. Henrietta, honestly..." He laughed a little and went into the kitchen. "Something like that coming from you, who would have thought that?"

"I was just asking an innocent question.." I placed my bag on his kitchen counter, smirking at him.

"Sure, sure, whatever you say." He chuckled and started to unpack the shopping. "When how long does dinner take?"

"Well, we have to make the pasta, the sauce and the salad and garlic bread.. The pasta probably takes the longest, but like an hour should be all we need, so we still have time."

"Alright, do you want to talk about what we found in the building centre? I'd love to start planning immediately so we can start actually doing something soon. I do like the idea of celebrating my birthday out in the garden, with a bonfire or something nice like that."

"That gives us almost a month. It sounds like we can do that." I waited for him to put everything away before I followed him into the living room with the piece of paper that contained all we had written down in the building centre.

"Do you agree that we have to replace some bits of the walls?" He asked, sitting down on the couch.

I sat beside him, leaving a bit of space between us and nodded. "Yeah, I think so. And definitely paint the entire thing."

"Yes.. Nothing fancy, but a nice shade of brown. And then I want to get a comfortable couch, and a table with chairs, and then fix up the fireplace again."