|14| • Scientific Creativity •

"Oh my god," I laughed, covering my face. "New Orleans sounds like a crazy place. I can't believe you did that."

"What was I supposed to do though?" He asked, smiling innocently. "It was fun, and... I told you I wasn't really sober, and on top of that it was quite a big compliment.. I can't remember another time when a bunch of women lifted their shirts in front of me," Brian chuckled, smirking at me. "New Orleans is a special place, you're right about that. I like it though."

"I can imagine you would, with women all over you.." Shaking my head a little, I glanced at him. Who would have thought that a short story could completely change the image I had of him. He was definitely a lot less innocent than he liked to make people think.

Brian shook his head a little, still smirking. "Can you blame me?"

"I guess not, you're a guy, enjoy the single life." Shaking my head, I nudged his arm. I really didn't blame him for enjoying that, even though there was a part of me that didn't like the idea of random women lifting their shirts in front of him. But that part of me was just being unreasonable. He was single, he could enjoy life. "Should we go make dinner?"

"Only if you wear this," he told me, taking the necklace from my hands. He looked at me with a twinkle in his eyes and a mischievous smirk playing on his lips.

"I'm not going to flash you," I replied, shaking my head. Unbelievable, this side of him I was discovering. "No, no, that won't happen."

"Fine, it was worth a try. Just kiss me on the cheek or something then." He smiled charmingly at me, holding the necklace out for me.

I sighed and shook my head before I let him put the necklace on me. It was impossible how he could talk me into doing stuff. "Alright, fine. Just because you know how to use your charm." When the green beads were securely around my neck I quickly kissed his cheek before I got up. Not that that was such a horrible thing to do. "Ready to make dinner now?"

With a big smile on his face he got up. "Yes, definitely." He took my empty glass with him and together we went into the kitchen. "So ... we have to make the pasta dough? I'm guessing you need flour for that?"

"Flour, eggs, salt, oil, water... and muscles," I told him and smirked at him.

"Oh dear," he laughed softly. "Muscles could be a problem.."

"Don't be silly," I said, shaking my head with a smile. "Together I'm sure we can manage that, combined muscularity." I watched him get everything out and get everything ready, before I started to work on the dough. I got Brian to start on the tomato sauce, and together we worked like in silence for a few minutes.

Which gave my thoughts a chance to take over, and unsurprisingly it didn't take long before I came up with another question for him. "You can tell me if I'm annoying you with all these questions, but I'm just wondering that because of what you just told me.."

"Go ahead and ask," he assured me with a smile.

"Okay so you keep saying that you want a family and basically all of that traditional stuff, but then when I hear those crazy stories of what you experience when you're on tour, I can't help but wonder if you'll be happy with just the traditional stuff... no strange, exciting experiences anymore."

Brian looked at me for a moment and shrugged. "I don't know.. I don't think of the 'traditional stuff' as you call it as boring, you know? It's completely different, there's no question about that, but I honestly don't think that having kids and being married is boring. I think I would be happy with just that, yeah. I think I've had more strange experiences that most dads probably had before they have kids, so.. you know? I've had my dose of strange experiences."