New Chapter

*Copyright © _jasthewriter aka xjasrenae 2017 This is a work of fiction, the events/situations, that take place are fictional and came straight from my thoughts. I do not own the rights to any of the music or photos that I use, they are not mine but are available on public platforms. The photos are included to give readers a better idea of the character(s) Any illegal reproduction of this content will result in immediate legal action. You may not copy or use my work and claim it as your own in any way.*

~~~

DASANI DOUGLAS
September 7th, 2014

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments." I read my daily Bible reminder for the day as I waited for my name to be called.

I had an interview and been sitting here for thirty minutes, talk about being "on time." How I show up ten minutes early and still have to wait? I should fire the boss, I could've stopped at Wendy's, hell even Popeyes for something to eat.

I was rushing this morning to be sure I was on time, since I have to set three alarms just to get me up and they got me out here waiting nearly an hour.

I wouldn't even be down here if it wasn't for my Grandma, poor lady done broke her hip, so me being the only one that she still managed to keep in contact with, told her I had no problem with staying with her and helping her during the recovery process.

I mean I am in need of a new house since I moved down here from Atlanta after graduation. I guess I'll spend these next few months looking for one and helping her, hopefully by the time she's fully healed I'll have a place by then. I love Grandma Hattie to death, but I like my own space.

I moved up North with my aunt, when I was in my last year of Middle School, Grandma wanted to stay here with grandpa, he passed away two days before my senior prom and it broke her heart. She's been living in that house for a few years now all by her lonesome.

Granny was never the one to ask for much, my grandpa always made sure she had everything she could possibly need, so I know when he passed, a piece of her died with him.

It's sad that her own daughter doesn't talk to her or at least checks up on her, I guess that's what "good dick" do to you, makes you forget about the ones that were always there for you.

She doesn't even call me, I don't know why she doesn't like me, just one day she came in my room after I finished my shower and told me to pack a couple bags cuz I was going to be staying with my aunt for a couple weeks.

A couple weeks turned into two months, two months turned into a few years. I ain't lose no sleep over it, you can't make people stay in your life if they don't want to. No more than you can make a person love you if they don't want to or simply don't care to.

All I know is, when the doctors give Grandma the A O K, I'm ghosting..

"Dasani Douglas?" A female voice called pulling me from my reading, I glanced up at her and smiled, she kinda favored Tracee Ellis Ross. "That's me!" I chimed placing my phone in my purse then shook her hand as I stood up.

"Hi, I'm Jane Harold, I called you for the interview." She announced, "Nice to formally meet you." I added with a warm smile, she returned the gesture then motioned for me to follow her.

"Sorry about the delay, I just had to let one of my best workers go." She informed as we stepped on the elevator. "That must've been hard.." I said as I made sure my phone was on silent, I made sure I had all my paperwork inside my portfolio before glancing at her.