14.)

JASON
A week later (November 21st)

"I would like to say I'm enjoying this day out together BUT.. you aren't paying attention to me." Sani said as I stared at an familiar car.

I just couldn't point out where I seen it, maybe in one of my files.

Locking in the license plate number, I looked at her

Locking in the license plate number, I looked at her. "I apologize, that car looked familiar." I said grabbing her hand.

"What car?" She asked turning around and looked around. "The silver one?" She asked staring at it as he drove by.

"Yeah." I answered grabbing my phone to save the number.

"I thought he was following us, but I probably was imagining things." She said laughing but I didn't find it funny.

"Serious?" I asked, "Maybe he wasn't." She said changing her answer after seeing my expression.

"If he was I need to kno." I told her, "I don't know Jason, forget it. I haven't seen you in three days." She whined wrapping her arms around me and kissed my lips repeatedly.

"I've been working crazy hours." I told her kissing her back. "I know, I miss seeing you at work." She added and I smiled when she pouted.

"I'm working on an investigation baby girl, my bad." I apologized lifting her up and she shrieked.

"What type?" She asked cupping my face then kissed me, placing her back on her feet, I turned around and squatted allowing her to get on my back.

"Homicide." I replied the best way I could without giving too much information. "Is it like what I see on forty eight hours?" She asked as I walked the sidewalk.

A few folks stared, smiled or pretended to not see us and I just shook my head.

Lucky for them I had a good photo memory. Let's see who gets saved if there were a fire.

"Yeah." I replied. "What happened? Who died?" She questioned being her usual nosy self.

"Dasani." I said sternly, "Babe I'm nosy.. I can't help it." She stated and I chuckled. "Did you watch the news any time dis week?" I asked her as I made a right.

"Yeah." She answered, "Ok so did you see the story on the news?" I asked and she smacked her lips.

"There was a lot of stories Jason." She said clearly annoyed and I chuckled. "The one about the guy getting robbed and killed at his own party?" I said, she was quiet for a while then she gasped.

"You're working on that one? Did you get any information yet?" She asked, placing her on her feet once we made it to the frozen yogurt shop.

I decided to put the conversation on pause. "What you want?" I asked once we got to the machines.