24.)

AUGUST
April 2nd

"You heard dat Grandma Hattie dying?" G asked as we left out the trap. "Nah dis da first time." I told him feeling a little sad about it.

Damn man.. if it wasn't one thing it was another.

"How lil mama taking it?" I asked looking over at him then to the road. "I'm not sure, she hasn't showed any emotions around me. But I'm sure she's hurting." He informed.

"I wanna talk to her, but I'm not sure if she would want to." I announced, "I don't think thas a good idea." He said and I looked over at him since we were at a red light.

"Why not?" I asked, "Jus sayin.. I'm sure she's worried about other stuff." He said and I smacked my lips as I proceeded to drive.

"You ain't shit, what to ass wanna eat?" I asked hearing him laugh. "You act like a child at times." He insulted and I flicked him off.

"Fuck up." I commented, "Nah but um let's get Popeye's." He said, nodding in approval I moved into the furthest right lane.

"You and Dreeka gettin serious yet?" I asked, "Nah.. we're actually jus friends. If we happen to make dat next step I wouldn't hold back." He replied.

"Thas wassup." I responded as I turned into the Popeye's area. Putting the car in park, we got out and I placed my key in my pocket.

"I'm finna get extra extra honey sauce watch." He said smirking and I laughed. "You always want some fuckin' honey da biscuits don't even be dry you be frontin yo ass off." I said laughing and he joined in.

"Man as I said before, if they made legit honey biscuits they would be Kardashian's rich." He laughed, but he was right.

"Facts woe.. all facts." I said as we walked in..

DASANI

"Would you quit checking to see if I'm still breathing every five minutes? I'm fine Dasani." Grandma said turning on her side to look at me.

"Sorry...just scared." I admitted walking into the room. Climbing in the bed with her, I snuggled up to her.

"I told you, you don't have to be cuz God got me." She assured as she played in my hair.

"I know I know." I mumbled, "Have you and Jason decided when y'all wanna actually get married?" She asked.

"Two years." I said thinking back to the bedtime story he told me, maybe that was the hint and I didn't even realize it.

"Two years? That's a good amount of time." She commented, "I didn't wanna rush it even tho he said he didn't mind." I told her.

"Something about him just sits very well with my spirit, that man got soul like a brother and he's so caring.. not all white men are like dat." She said and I shook my head.

"You're not mad I'm marrying a white guy?" I asked looking at her. "Child no we are not in the early 1950's, he hasn't given me any reason to not like or think he's racist. He revolves his life around you the best he can."

She explained and I smiled then kissed her on her cheek. "You were happy with big head but I can see your actual glow while you're with Jason. You've been glowing like dis ever since y'all been dating." She announced.

"You're genuinely happy?" She asked looking at me and I nodded smiling. "I am ma." I replied.

"I can see it." She said smiling. "Thas what I've been waiting for baby.. thas all I've ever wanted for you." She said with watery eyes and I pouted.