21.)

AUGUST
Thanksgiving morning

"I already told you I don't do business on holidays, you want it done dat' bad call up somebody else." I said to Ghost over the phone, nigga woke me up at 7 in the morning for some work.

Nigga I'm sleep don't fuck with me. "Yung you kno' I only trust you with this." He tried to reason but I wasn't hearing it, a nigga ain't been working on the holiday and I ain't finna start now.

"Ask yo daughter to take one of her body guards, all dem' niggas do is follow her around anyways." I told him before ending the call, I was on the phone with him five minutes too long anyways.

After that I sent Dasani a happy thanksgiving text and did the same to G them, just less sentimental.

I laid down covering my face with my arm trying to go back to sleep, that was until my phone started ringing. I thought to ignore it but the vibration sounding like Sani's.

"I should've waited." I grumbled as I grabbed my phone off the dresser and answered her call. "Why are you up so early?" She asked and I chuckled. "Damn no hey good morning?"

I joked and she giggled. "Sorry, Good morning August, why are you up so early?" She asked again and I sighed.

"Ghost wanted me to do a quick pickup for him, but I wasn't haven't it." I told her as I pulled the phone away from my ear and hit the face time option.

Once she answered it, it took a while before she sat the phone up right so I could look at that beautiful face of hers. I could tell she was tired as hell, but was up because of me.

"Why would he want you to work on thanksgiving? That's weird.." she stated as she covered her mouth as she yawned, which made me yawn as well.

"Sorry." She giggled and I winked at her. "Seriously tho." She said and I shrugged. "I don't kno' ma, but I don't too much care. He know not ta' fuck with me, thas' why he ain't call after I hung up."

I told her and she shook her head as she fought to keep her eyes open. "How much longer are you gonna do business with him?" She asked looking at me, she always asked me that.

"I don't know ma, I'm pretty set money wise, I just wanna make sure G dem' gon' be straight for a while as well, cuz once I leave da' game thas' it." I replied and her face formed into a shock.

"Are you for real?" She asked trying the hide her smile and I nodded. "Yeah I got some good investments thanks to you helping me with my financial planning and shit, I just gotta get G dem' to start investing in businesses as well.. hell we may go into a legit one of our own."

I admitted and she smiled. "Talk about it with them and see what they say." She suggested still smiling, I couldn't help but to smile as well. All I ever wanted was to find a woman and be the reason she's always happy.

"You miss me?" I asked changing the subject, by the look on her face I see she caught on, but didn't mind. "Of course I do, but I think we both need this." She announced and I agreed.

"God moves in mysterious ways and he tried to show me plenty of times to stop taking you for granted but I wouldn't listen, so this is my punishment I guess." I added with a small laugh and she smiled.

"I'm not innocent, I had parts in the crazy." She defended, "Yeah you did, but it was cuz of me, so technically it's still my fault." I assured and it got quiet.

"You aren't so bad as I thought you'd be, I swear when I ran into at Shantelle's house I was nervous and scared shitless all in one." She admitted with a small laugh and I shook my head.