16.) The Reeds

JASON
Same day

"So this Dasani.. do you have a picture of her?" My mom asked as she set the table. "Yeah." I replied pulling out my phone.

Going to my photos I handed her my phone to see the picture.

"Oh my Lord she is beautiful

"Oh my Lord she is beautiful." Smiling, she stared at it some more.

"How old is she? What does she do?" She asked handing me my phone back. "Just turned twenty three two months ago. She's a financial planner." I told her.

Nodding in approval, she finished setting the table then looked at me. "What?" I asked chuckling.

"I'm happy you found someone to make you happy." She said, "She's easy to love." I told her as my phone started ringing.

"This is her hold on." I said going into the living room as I answered her call.

"Hey." She greeted sadly, "I'm listening." I stated, "Don't worry about me.. how are you?" She asked trying to dodge the topic.

"What's wrong?" I asked ignoring the question. "Nothing." She lied, "Dasani." I called sternly, "Can you send me the address?" She questioned, furrowing my brows I pulled the phone from my ear and went ahead and sent it.

"Got it... it's eight here so what time is it there again?" She asked, "Three hours behind y'all baby girl do the math."

I stated as my dad and them came from the den. Sending them a head nod, Stefan came and sat by me.

"Dasani?" He whispered, nodding he wiggles his brows and I pushed him. "What's the attitude about? I just asked a question." She said then sighed.

"I don't have a attitude baby girl, i could've told you, that was a jerk move on my end." I apologized, "It's five thirty." I added, "ok."

She replied dryly, pinching the bridge of my nose I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths.

"Trouble in paradise?" My pops asked sitting on the other side of me, shaking my head, he and Stefan shared their famous look.

"How was your thanksgiving?" I asked ignoring them. "I spent it with my grandma and Shantelle." She answered.

"I thought you was going over her brothers house?" I said confused. "I don't wanna talk about that, I still enjoyed myself."

She tried to assure but I heard the lie in her voice. "We can talk about it when you get here tomorrow evening."

I suggested, "Mhm.. is it cold or hot there right now?" She asked and I had to laugh. She never heard of the saying "Sunny California" ?

"Hot here." I replied, "Ok.. hey I have to run a few places, I'll call you later enjoy the holiday." She said trying to rush me off the phone.

"It's eight thirty there, where you going all by yourself?" I asked and Stefan them chuckled. "No where dangerous, I'll call you once I'm situated."