8.)

DASANI
December 21st (2 weeks later)

Can you believe that in the middle of December it barely felt like winter time? I've been stressed out a lot and decided to do the one thing that I knew helped.. working out.

August has been distant lately.. I know we're just friends, but damn he hasn't called me in two weeks, hasn't even stopped by my office to bring me lunch. I tried to ask Shantelle, but she say's she hasn't heard from him either, I feel like that's a lie tho.

I've been drowning myself in work and looking after my Grandma, that I started to lose focus on my personal health. So here I was.. week two of my workout and by the way the sky was looking, I could tell it was about to pour, but fuck it. We all need a little rain sometimes..

"Ten more minutes." I coached myself as I jogged through the park trying to even out my breathing. A few others were out here walking their pets, enjoying each other's company or working out like me.

"You got this." I told myself as I felt a drop hit my shoulder. "Rain or sunshine, rain or sunshine." I repeated as I jogged a little faster, keeping my breathing steady.

"It's gonna pour down pretty hard, you should probably get going." One guy said jogging next to me. "I have eight more minutes of cardio." I told him determined to finish out strong. "Suit yourself." He said jogging away, thank God cuz I did not need the distraction.

As I got in my zone I heard thunder but chose to ignore it as I continued my run. "Five minutes." I mumbled glancing at the timer on my phone. Just as it went down to 3 minutes left, the rain came out of no where.

I sighed deeply as I jogged towards the grass and stopped to calm my heart rate. "Damn it, I was close." I complained logging my time in, I almost made it to thirty minutes, better luck next time I guess.

"Sweetheart you're gonna get sick in this weather!" A lady called rolling up on the side, I gave her a small smile, I really wish people would just let me be. "I'm fine, I'm heading home now, I promise." I lied, she nodded her head rolling her window up before she drove off.

I started up my run again, going slow. After jogging for an additional ten minutes, I realized the rain wasn't gonna let up and I was being crazy to stay out here in this weather. I turned around and jogged in the direction of the parking lot to get to my car.

It took me about fifteen minutes to get there, once I got to my car I pulled my keys from out my sports bra and unlocked the door. I got in and grabbed my water bottle practically swallowing the bottle, damn was I thirsty.

"Lord I thank you." I prayed, once I was comfortable I put the key in the ignition and started the car up. I checked my mirrors, made sure my windshield wipers were on, then turned my head lights on, since it seemed to be getting a little darker, damn last I checked it was 5 in the evening, damn you rain.

I backed out the parking lot slowly and carefully, I whipped around and headed to the road being sure to drive with caution. I hated driving in the rain cuz people acted like they ain't care about living whenever the weather switched up, just fuck my life huh?

"Word on road is the clique about to blow. You ain't gotta run and tell nobody, they already know. We've been livin' on the high, they been talkin' on the low." I rapped to Drakes Camera and Good Ones Go.

"But it's cool, know you heard it all before. That's why I ask you how you mean, how you mean? Thought you knew about the team.." I continued as I got onto the freeway. These people were driving like there was no tomorrow, wtf.