9.)

DASANI
The next day

Walking into Shantelle's house, I stopped seeing Gyptian in her living room knocked out.

Closing the door quietly, I sat my purse down and grabbed my phone.

Walking over to the sofa, I grabbed the blanket and placed it over him. He moved but stayed sleep.

Making my way upstairs, I met Shantelle at the top of the stairs. "Hey." She greeted softly, "Hey." I spoke back, walking by her I made it to my room to get my outfit out for work.

It was warm out so I was gonna wear my my knitted gray sweater, white skirt and gray thigh length boots.

Of course pair it with a hat.

"You slept with Jason?" She asked from behind, there was no point of lying cuz I had obvious hickies.

I wasn't scared to tell her either, I didn't care.

"Yeah." I replied nonchalant, since I already showered this morning, I just got undressed and began to put my outfit on.

"I don't blame you." She said, "It's just sex." I told her as I sat on the side of my bed to put on my boots.

"Just sex for now, den someone's gonna catch feelings and fall hard." She clarified. "We won't, he's use to hookups."

I informed, "But you aren't." She stated irritated, "I am now." I added applying slight makeup.

"I don't mess with him anymore.. Gyptian still does but right now they aren't speaking." She informed, not caring to hear about him, I decided not to comment.

"How are you really holding up?" She asked staring at me sadly. "Good, things happen for a reason." I replied putting my hat on.

Grabbing my white clutch, I headed out the room and she followed.

"Why is G here?" I asked walking down the steps.

"He wanted to make sure you came in." She replied, walking into the living room I noticed he was up but still laying down.

He'll be sleep again. "Can we talk later?" He asked looking my way, "If it's about him no." I told him honestly.

"It's not, I can see you're actually done with him." He commented, "Then yeah, I get off the same time Shantelle does."

I told him as I grabbed my keys and phone.

"I'll most likely be hea lata den, tell Jason I needa speak with him." He said but it was more like demanding.

"K." I responded before leaving out. Getting into my car, I plugged my phone up and sat in my car for a while.

What was I doing?
*
*

"Someone's glowing." Joy stated causing a few people to look my direction, sighing I gave her a tight lipped smile then headed towards my office.

Unlocking the door, I opened it and stepped in.

Tossing my stuff on the sofa, I closed my curtains and cut my computer on as I pulled out my folder.

"If you let him take me from you.. you never wanted me." I sang Beyoncé's If to myself as I began to key in the notes.

Hearing a knock at my door, "Come in!" I called still typing the notes. Hearing the door open then close.

I glanced up seeing Jason walk in. "You snuck out." He said walking over towards my desk, "That was my plan." I assured, reading over the paper.