19.)

JASON
March 13th

"That's what I was told... yes ma'am.. it is..." I listened as Dasani talked on the phone with my mom.

She was being so worrisome and nosy and to my surprise Dasani didn't mind it. We were supposed to go over to her Grandma's house later.

"I'm not sure how he feels.. yeah I'm sure he did... yeah it got me too.. Mhm... thank you.. I will, ok bye bye." Ending the call I looked over at her.

"How you feel?" I asked wrapping my arms around her. We left the Doctors about thirty minutes ago with some not so good news.

"It wasn't like we were trying to have a baby now... but if she knew this all along what was the point of her sending me off to get on birth control again?" She stressed and I sighed.

"For safety." I said as I rubbed her back. "No.. Doctors aren't always right.. sometimes they're the ones that makes a symptom worse. I'm not taking no more shit they give me, for all I know those different medications will be the reason I'm dead."

She stated as calmly as she could. "Do you wanna research others?" I asked her but she shook her head.

"I don't wanna think about it, I know there's nothing wrong with me. So if I'm supposed to carry a child then God will make it happen. High blood pressure? I workout like crazy and eat right. I may eat a little junk here and there, but I don't believe that shit." She said then walked off.

Following behind her, I tried to grab her arm but she snatched away and I took a step back. "I don't wanna talk about it.. you didn't think we were ready anyways maybe this is a good thing." She added with an eye roll and I frowned.

"Don't do that Dasani. Yeah I've known you for some time now, but we're only four months into this relationship and we were messing around for what? Three to four months before that? So that's what? About almost a year of us being together. We're fresh in this relationship and I would not rush to have kids by you cuz that will fuck up what we have. I love you Dasani but you're being selfish." I argued and she looked at me taken aback.

"So you DON'T want to have kids?" She asked ignoring everything else I just said. "I DO BUT I DONT WANT TO IF IT MEANS I'LL LOSE YOU!!..." pausing I took a deep breath to calm down, I didn't need her getting worked up and I had to understand why she was upset as well.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, "Do I want you to have my baby? Yes, I'd love for you to give me at least three beautiful girls, do I want to impregnate you? No, why? Because there's a possibility of you dying after giving birth. Do I feel like you're a little selfish? Yes. I love you and I wouldn't be complete or feel at peace if you had our child and then died. I would be angry Dasani and I'm not going to lie."

I told her and she just stared at me. "They don't know what they're talking about tho Jason.. I've seen tons of movies where the Doctors said one thing but the mother came out good as new and so did the baby."

She said and I ran my hand down my face frustratedly. "Are you listening to anything I'm saying right now?! Like are you fully understanding me?" I questioned becoming upset.

"If it becomes too much on your heart, you will die!" I shouted.

"Don't talk to me like I'm stupid, you're not gonna insult my intelligence cuz I'm far from dumb, it's an fifty fifty chance and I'm willing to beat the odds." She argued and I just clenched my jaws.

"Never said you were and I'm not trying to play you baby... Dasani I love you man." I spoke in a softer tone.

"If anything ever happened to you, I would lose my mind.." I admitted.