10.)

JASON
July 4th, ( 2 months later )

"Glad you agreed to stay the night." I said as Dasani sat at the table. Grabbing the plate of pancakes and eggs, I walked over and sat a few on her plate.

"You haven't saw me in a month.. I figured why not?" She replied then said grace. "I think you only came back cuz you wanted sex." I said laughing and she rose her brow.

"Maybe." She stated giving me a sly grin. Copying her, I sat down and stared at her. "I like the short hair on you." I complimented.

"Thanks." She acknowledged grabbing the book I was reaching for. "Can I see that?" I asked staring at her.

Smirking, she handed it to me and I gladly took it.

Reading the magazine, she started eating her food

Reading the magazine, she started eating her food. "Are you planning anything for your birthday?" I asked stuffing some pancakes in my mouth.

"I don't want to celebrate it anymore.." she answered looking off. "My bad." I apologized. "It's fine.. you didn't know." She informed.

"You're starting to smile more." I announced looking at her, taking a sip of juice she propped her chin up on her hand and stared at me.

"You think so?" She asked, smiling at her, she licked over her bottom lip and stared at me.

"Don't stop just because I said something

"Don't stop just because I said something." I added chuckling. "It's how I'm wired." She mumbled going back to eating.

"I can fix that." I assured, ignoring me. I sighed and just continued eating and reading.

"What?" She asked looking at me, "It's something I gotta tell y-." Before I could finish my phone started ringing.

"It's your mom?" She asked, nodding I excused myself and answered the call.

"Hey dear, how are you today?" My mom asked, "Good, how are you?" I asked sitting on my chair arm.

"I'm good.. we miss you over here." She said and I smiled. "I wish you didn't have to work so much." She added.