13.)

Play the video once you get to Aug's POV

DASANI

It was 12 in the morning and August had texted me telling me he was okay. I didn't have work until Monday, but I was tired as hell and was failing at trying to stay up and wait for August.

I got up and turned the tv off, then I began turning the rest of the lights off in the house, as I made it upstairs I thought I heard the front door being open but brushed it off.

I lazily walked up stairs, I got to Aug's room deciding to leave the bathroom light on as I slipped on one of his T shirts. I crawled in bed and let out a breath of relief as my body relaxed.

I snuggled up with his pillow and felt sleep taking over me. In the midst of me falling asleep I felt a body come up behind me.

I closed my eyes thinking I was just dreaming, I've been through this before and from the way he was laughing let me know he got a kick out of scaring me.

"You are such an asshole Aug!" I whined trying to push him off but he held on to me tighter. "My bad shorty, you kno' I had ta' fuck wit' ya'." He said burying his face in my neck.

"Just mean." I mumbled closing my eyes, I was tired as hell. "You're home early." I said noticing he was here earlier than the time he previously told me.

"Yeah it was a set up, a bad one at dat." He said causing me to turn around to see if he was fine. "I'm cool ma, thanks to you." He said chuckling when I look him over for any marks.

"Thanks to me?" I asked confused, "Yeah remember when you kept saying "Watch your surroundings and be careful." ?" He said causing me to take a while to remember.

"Yeah." I said confused, "Dat' kept replaying in my head and caused me to be on alert and well let's just say, yo boy handled his with da help of yo best friend and Gyptian them." He said and I was still confused.

"Yo voice kept us safe ma and I possibly met a newer connect, one dat' could do good things for us.. I don't know yet." He explained more and I smiled hugging him.

"At least I know you take in what I say into consideration." I said and he chuckled. "Trust, I always take what you say into consideration, even if I don't act like it, I always do." He informed pecking my lips.

"That's good to know, but do me a favor?" I said and he rose his brow. "Take a shower please, cuz you smell like gun powder, cigarettes and outside." I told him pushing him away some causing him to hug me closer.

"You gon' get all dis!" He said rubbing his body on me making me scream. "COME ON AUGUST I SHOWERED ALREADY MAN!" I yelled finally pushing him off me, he laughed so hard he fell to the floor.

"You are such an asshole." I whined removing his shirt from my body and getting one of his good ones, two can play that game. "Sani I know that ain't my favorite shirt."

He said eyeing me, I crawled in bed not paying his stare no mind. "Go shower and I MIGHT change." I told him, but I actually was gonna sleep in it. "You lucky I love you man." He stated getting up and going into the bathroom.

I smiled to myself as I laid back down preparing for a well needed sleep.

AUGUST
Saturday morning

After my morning shower I walked in the room to Sani sitting up wrapped in my covers smiling at me.