9.)

DASANI
Feb. 15th, 2015  (A month and a half later.)

I've been here with August for a month and two weeks. I was too messed up to even want to celebrate New Years, but he tried to make the best of it for me.

My grandma is better, thank God. She's been doing good and walking on her own, August even bought her a car, a white Nissan and Lord has she been cruising like there's no tomorrow.

I still have my job thank God, Shantelle spoke to Jane for me, she didn't have to really cuz it was all over the news AFTER I was in the hospital... sad system we got.

August been creeping out a lot, I'm almost positive of what he's been up to, it's not my business. He said he would go to war for me, I just hope he's thinking and being careful.

"Hey, what's up?" Shantelle asked looking at me worriedly, I shook my head sadly.. "I'm a mess." I told her feeling defeated.

"I'm not used to depending on people, I'm used to working and taking care of myself and others

"I'm not used to depending on people, I'm used to working and taking care of myself and others. Not me being the one that is getting taken care of.." I cried, "I feel like August is only doing this because he feels guilty.."

I admitted, she got up and sat by me pulling me into her, "If that incident never would've happened I wouldn't even be here with him, he would be messing with some other girl by now." I went on and she just let me vent.

"I love August, I do, but I feel like I'm evading his space. He's barely here with me now, once he thinks I'm asleep he leaves me.. sometimes for the whole day or half the day. I want my best friend back.." I sobbed into her shirt.

"Let it out boo, let it out." She said rubbing my back, "The nightmares won't go away! I'll never forget that smile, he just knew the job was done, that I was done! I was left for DEAD!" I cried angrily, "You gotta be strong Sani.. it's time to start fighting back." She spoke the words my Grandpa said to me.

"You gotta fight back Sani bear, it's time to bring out the old you.. things are gonna change and you have to be ready." His voice played in my head repeatedly. What did he mean things were gonna change?

What old me? I had to be ready for what? So many questions so little answers, I'll figure it out is what he said. Figure what out exactly? I'm tired!

"You got this." She said bringing me back to reality. I pulled away from her hold and got up. "Where you going?" She asked standing as well. "I just need time to think." I told her, she frowned but nodded. "I'll be down here if you need anything."

She said, "Yeah." Was my reply as I limped out the living room and up these long ass stairs. "I needed a moment alone, to think, to cry, to be angry, I wanted someone to feel my hurt! My pain! I needed them to understand how fucked up I was not just physically, emotionally I was drained, mentally I was losing my mind day by day, knowing that I would snap any day, possibly any minute.