22.)

AUGUST
March 17th , 3 days later

"I'm surprised he even allowed me ta come." I said as I got in the passenger side of G's car. "He's a cool dude Aug.. and it's clear he's more worried about his girl than an ex of hers."

He stated and I furrowed my brows looking at him.

"Was dat a shot?" I questioned and he shrugged. "Take it how you like, but I'm backing off from tryna get y'all back together. It wouldn't be right."

He added and I looked at him in pure shock. "Deadass?" I asked and he nodded as he made a right turn.

"Dat man is in love with her. He was willing ta kill a Doctor bro.. a fuckin Doctor for her. Don't dat sound familiar?" He said looking at me then back to the road.

"He don't deserve her tho.." I mumbled looking out the window. "And you think you do?! What is he doing so wrong dat makes you feel you are better for her? He asked raising his voice some.

"He just don't deserve her." I repeated, hearing him laugh I looked over at him. "Nah bro, YOU don't deserve her. He deserves her and she deserves to be happy." He continued and I twisted my lips.

"You're afraid dat she actually moved on?" He questioned looking at me with a grin. "You can't be mad at her bro. You know what you did.. let her be man. She's happy." He said and I sighed.

I knew she was.. I just wanted to be the reason she was.

"I miss her tho." I admitted and he chuckled. "We always miss a good thing once it's gone." He quoted and I remained silent.

"Is she still sleeping?" I asked, I hated using the word coma cuz I felt it was too close to the word dead..

"Yeah.. the Doctors been monitoring her nonstop and Jason been leaving early from work just to check up on her." He replied.

"Damn." I said shaking my head. "Shantelle and him gotten pretty close huh?" I stared curiously.

"She won't replace him with you.. she's just hurt. She's not mad bro, she's hurt that you did what you did and can't realize your wrong doing." He explained.

"She seems pretty mad ta me.. smacked me and cursed me out in Jamaican." I said with a slight laugh. "Thas my big sis.. I know her bro, she's hurt.. y'all needa really talk."

He said and I inhaled then exhaled deeply. "I'a talk ta her.." I assured. "What's up with her grandma?" I asked as he moved into the left lane.

"She's been up dea once.. she couldn't take seeing her like dat.. you know what happened when da first incident happened." He said referring to the car shit.

"She's getting old bro.. her heart can't take much more of dis shit.. it's not fair to her or Dasani." He said and I agreed.

"I'll have to go talk to her.. I know she's mad at me, but at da end of da day I still got mad love for her." I admitted.

"Whatever you do I'm wit it, jus leave Dasani alone." He said looking at me once he pulled into the Hospital parking lot.

"I will." I assured, as much as I didn't want to.. I knew I had to not just for my own good, but for hers as well.

"All love bro." He said dapping me up. "Always." I said getting out the car after him. "They don't know how long she'll be like dis?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Damn man." I mumbled walking along side him into the building.

"I went ta Angelina spot da other day." I announced and he gave me a look causing me to chuckle.