Chapter 3

**********

True friends are never apart,

Maybe in distance but never in heart.

**********

*Edited

"Hey! Missed me?"

"OH MY GOD!!! You are here! You are in front of me!" I exclaimed as I went to hug the life out of him.

"Oh! Look at you all strong and beautiful." He said as he hugged me back.

"Are you real?" I asked confused and pinched him hard on his shoulder.

"Ouch!! Why would you do that?" Blake accused.

"Just to make sure you're real." I replied.

"But you should've pinched yourself you know."

"But then it would have hurt me you know."

"Then you should've asked me you know."

"Yeah, I should've but where's the fun in that?" I said, "Ugh god I missed you so much." I said while hugging him again.

"Me too baby girl." He hugged me back.

Blake is one of my best friends from New York. I went back there in the summer vacation of our middle school so that we can sell our house and spend some time there. I met him in the same park where I met Asher. I used to go there every evening hoping for him to come but in the depth of my heart I knew he wouldn't come. But it was nice to remember all those good days. Blake came there one evening and saw me sitting there all alone.

I felt way too comfortable with him after sometime and after a couple of meetings I told him everything. He also felt relaxed around me and so he told me about his family and friends. His family recently shifted there and they decided to buy our house. I was more than happy. He was too gorgeous to be true I developed a crush on him. I decided that I will tell him how I felt about him but that day.

Flashback

I am so excited today. I am going to tell him how I feel about him and he might say that he likes me back because he was a bit nervous when he told me he wanted to meet me and it's something important.

"Hey Blake. How are you?" I asked.

"Umm... Hey Aves I'm good what about you?" he asked being all nervous.

"I'm doing great. You wanted to tell me something?" I ask. A little blush crept on my cheeks. Middle school me could have known better if I was just a little bit more focused.

"Yeah... it's umm... it's something important that I think you should know." Blake continued, "I-I-I am... g-g-gay," he stuttered out, "and I wanted you to know the first because you've been such a good friend to me in such a short time."

If I have said that I'm shocked it would've been an understatement. I was all of the most heartbroken. Tears came to my eyes and before they could fall down to my cheeks I ran away from there.

Flashback ends

Then after that incident Blake came to my house and explained me everything.

It took me a while to overcome that but I did anyway, thinking that one day I will meet someone who really loves me for me, and hopefully, will be into girls. Middle school me was a total cry baby, I am not going to argue there. But later I realized that I never felt attracted to Blake in that way, it was always innocent.