Chapter 37

**********
The decision to kiss for the first time,
Is the most crucial in any love story.
**********

*Edited

Edward's POV

Did that really happen? Was that really a moment that happened? Like, in reality? Did we really just share one of the most intimate moments?

I can't believe it. She likes me. She really likes me! And we kissed! Oh, my God! I can't believe this is all true.

Well, it is true. Mate really loves us! My wolf said.

It is true and she did say she has feelings for us but she never said she loved us. I said to Jax, my wolf.

And suddenly Jax retreated to the back of my mind but I could feel the sadness enveloping him. Honestly, I felt bad for him, but the strong feeling that still lingered on my lips overpowered everything else that I felt.

Right now, I feel bad that I didn't wait for her to share my first kiss with, even when I knew who my mate was for years. I so badly want to tell her who I am but I have to make her fall for me not the kid she met when she was 5 years old. There is a huge difference between both of us. The soul that I left behind was an innocent mind which now does not exist anymore.

She needs to know the real me. Then why am I sitting in this room. I should go and talk to her!

You're sitting here because it's the middle of the night and mate is probably sleeping. Out of nowhere Jax said.

So now you aren't sad anymore? I questioned him jokingly.

He just scoffed in my mind and told me to see if Ava was awake or not, so I went out of my room and within seconds I was in front of hers.

Not wanting to disturb her sleep I listened to her heartbeat through the door, which was uneven that means she was awake.

I tried to open the door lightly but it was locked. Of course, it's locked you fool. Mate is not stupid like you! Jax said. He has talking more nowadays I don't know what changed but I think it's a good thing. He's opening up.

Of course, I know she's not stupid! I said to him to which he scoffed again.

I lightly knocked on her door and listened to the light footsteps coming towards the door. I stepped back and waited for her to open the door with a smile on my face.

Within seconds the door open and her cute face came into my view. She seemed flushed for some reason but I didn't pay any mind to it, she was finally close to me, what else could I possibly want.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" Ava said a little worry in her voice. I frowned at this.

"Why? Were you expecting someone else?" I asked, and listening to this Jax rose on all fours in my mind, suddenly cautious.

"No. Why would I?" She seemed distracted. Something's not right here.

"Can I come in." I stated and pushed the door open and entered in her room and suddenly I was in heaven. Her smell lived in the room and if I could I would live here forever if it's gonna smell the same.

"So, any reason for your visit?" She asked me as she closes her door.

"No, I just wanted to see you." I said with a smile to which she broke into a smile and came close to me, encircling her hands around my waist.

It feels so right. To be in her arms, to be in her presence. Oh, Moon Goddess, I love this woman so much. Help me. If only she could say the same.

She looked up at me and we just stared at each other and in that moment I felt complete. Complete like this is all I want for the rest of my life. Just me and her. Forever.