Chapter 26

**********
Don't be afraid of being different,
Be afraid of being the same
As everyone else.
**********

*Edited

Ava's POV

I stood at the door of my house looking at the person who just thought of popping out of nowhere at 9pm. His gaze was fixed on me with a smirk playing across his lips.

The intensity of his gaze, and the way he moved his eyes over my body made me shiver. This caused his smirk to only deepen a bit.

"I affect you Sugar. Don't I?" He asked, more like stated and, at that moment all I wanted was to agree with him. He did affect me in the ways that were beyond me to explain. But I just couldn't give him the satisfaction and blamed it on the cold night and it wasn't even suspicious because of the October breeze passing by. Thank you, God!

His smirk didn't falter for even one second and if possible, it only got deeper. I was afraid that he might figure out the real reason that he did affect me.

"Did you want something?" I asked changing the topic so that he would let it go, but that was the only thing I was not supposed to do at that time.

"I want you stay with me for the night. And if you refuse, I will climb up your window and take you with me to my house." He said with his playful voice which made me believe that he was not serious at all. But there was a hint of seriousness in the last part and I couldn't help but think if that actually did happen then what will this lead us into. He did know about my midnight snacking habits. He might as well had already broken into my room.

"I'm sorry but there should be another reason for you to come this late at my house." I said. He pushed past me and entered my house as if it is his and not mine. "Sure. Come in." I threw back at him sarcastically while closing the door.

He just ignored me and stated the reason for his presence. "My dad sent me to get a few files he wanted which your mother has. He wants to study them before the meeting coming up." Well too much information. But I gathered that he was here for my mother so I went to her room to call her.

I knocked on her door lightly and went in seeing her looking through her clothes. I interrupted her by clearing my throat which made her acknowledge my presence. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Mom Edward is here. He said that his father wanted some files that you had." She thought for a moment then smiled gently.

"Oh yes. They are in the bedside drawer. Can you give them to him, Sweetie?" She said again focusing her gaze on the clothes inside her closet.

"Sure." I said and took the files out of the drawer setting them in my hands. "What is going on mom?" I asked noticing her looking intently at her clothes which was unusual for her.

"Oh, I got a call from Mr. Knights a minute ago. He said we had to go for a very important meeting to New York. I was just choosing clothes for it." She said while giving me a polite smile.

"Oh. How long will you be gone?" I asked not liking the idea of my mother going back to our home city.

"I don't know, Sweetie. It could take about a week or two." I nodded and kissed her goodnight while going out of her room.

I saw Edward sitting comfortably on the couch certainly feeling at home. I walked up to stand in front of him and held out my hands holding a bunch of files. "These are the files. Have a good night." I said bluntly while he took the files from my hand.

I know I admitted that I liked him but I still can't move on from that fact that he is a werewolf. A very dangerous creature to live on the face of earth. And I am trying so hard not to get too wrapped up in him, because if I did, and if he broke me again, I don't know whether this time I will come back or not.

My mood suddenly takes a drift at the mention of werewolves as it reminds me immensely of Adrian. We were so happy together. I don't even know what went wrong that he had to reject me so bluntly. I still remember the day like yesterday, and I don't want to go back there.

"Are you alright?" Edward asked, pulling me out of my thoughts by placing a caring hand on my shoulder. His voice laced with concern and worry written all over his face. I smiled seeing that he cares about me and shook my head negatively.

"I'm fine. It's alright."

"You sure. You can tell me anything." He asked still concerned.

"I'm fine really. Maybe I'm feeling sleepy, it's 9." I said while smiling to hide any kind of sad emotion. He didn't seem convinced but dropped the subject by nodding his head.

"I think I'm gonna go. Have a good night." He said while moving towards the door. "You sure you're okay?" He asked again, mid-way going out.

"I am alright Edward." I said again but this time we were a little closer than earlier. We stared into each other's eyes for what seemed like hours but were just mere seconds.

His eyes drifted to my lips and stayed there only looking between them and my eyes which made me involuntarily lick my bottom lip. He noticed this action and I could see his eyes turning dark, almost black as the night. His parted lips seem to call out my name as my gaze was fixed on them.

Don't know how or when or why, but I started to lean into him while closing my eyes. He caught the movement and started leaning in too-

"Hey Ava! Did you do-" Blake interrupted us which made me pull out of my crazy thoughts and look back at him. "I'm sorry I'll just ask you later." With that said he scurried out to the living room and to his room.

"Um... I think I should probably go." Edward stated rather awkwardly.

"Yeah. Goodnight." I said to him to which he wished me back and got into his car. I didn't leave the door until he was out of my sight. I could've left but I didn't want to.

Sighing I made my way to my room. Falling on my bed staring at the ceiling, wondering how my life turned such a mess in just the matter of few months. Shaking my head, I drifted into a deep slumber.

But even in my dreams I saw us together in the same bed, cuddling like nothing was wrong. Like it was the most natural thing to do. And I liked it. Maybe dreams aren't that bad after all.