Chapter 28

**********
Maybe I can't stop the downpour,
But I will always join you for a walk
In the rain.
**********

*Edited

I reached the cafeteria in desperate search of Blake. At this moment neither Amber, nor Wren can calm me down. I need Blake.

Searching through the room I found him in the corner on his phone. His expression didn't look pleased. Angrily he hung up.

I walked to him. Maybe now he could tell me what is bothering him. I need to know.

"Blake? Is everything okay?" I asked softly in this noisy room. He still noticed me and looked towards me. He had tears in the corner of his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked now panicked. The last time he ever cried was when he got cheated on.

He didn't say anything, just kept looking in my eyes. I reached for his hand and started moving out.

"You need to tell me what's wrong. I have been observing you for a while now. I thought you would tell me in your own time but now this is necessary." I said, not looking at him.

Soon we reached the library and it was empty, as usual, because others were in the cafeteria. Half of the lunch period has passed, and we have few minutes to ourselves.

I went to the back corner where I usually like being and Blake didn't say one word during the whole way.

I faced him to see the distant look in his eyes like he's deep in thoughts. One tear slipped out of his eyes and then it started to rain down his cheeks.

"Hey, what's wrong. You need to tell me so that I can help you. Please." I pleaded in a soft voice. Right now, he needs me more than I need him.

He didn't say anything but hugged me tight crying in my arms. Instinctively, I wrapped my arms around him, rubbing his back soothingly.

"Blake?" He didn't say anything just cried and cried. And I let him. Maybe after calming down a bit he'll be able to talk.

After a few minutes he stopped crying. I was still rubbing his back in case he cried again. I gave him a few minutes before asking.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I asked in a soft voice, and finally he spoke.

"I came here because of a reason." He spoke with a cracking voice. He broke the hug and looked me in the eyes with his teary ones.

I made him sit on the table next to the window, while sitting next to him and gestured him to continue.

"Mom and Dad have been having a lot of fights. One day, when I came back from a date at night, I heard shouting coming from there room. I didn't bother at first, considering they were usually like this and the next morning they would be back to normal, until I heard my name being mentioned.

"I was curious so I leaned in to listen what they have to say. You were the first one to ever know that I am gay. My parents got to know later when your family left. They were supportive at first. They didn't mind much, but as the time went by, they started realizing that I will never be seen as a normal person in the society. That night they were not a husband and wife arguing. They were the parents disappointed in their child because he is not normal.

"They were talking about how complicated it would be to raise a kid who is not straight. They always pestered me to have a girlfriend. But I knew I couldn't do that.

"The next morning, I tried to remain in my usual, relaxed state, like whatever happened last night didn't happen- at least for me. Mom and Dad, both came out from different rooms. Dad slept in the guest room that night. I was shocked, I wanted to ask what was wrong but decided against it.

"Mom and Dad ignored each other for the whole breakfast time. There was a tension in the air, so thick that it was literally hard to breath.

"I took that as my sign that they both need sometime alone. I came here, to you." He said looking at me, new tears forming in his eyes.

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. Never have I ever thought, that such loving parents will not accept who their child is.

From the moment I got to know Blake, I was always proud of him. Never had I let my thoughts degrade about the whole situation. Even my mother accepted him whole heartedly.

I reached his face with my hands and wiped away the tears. He smiled a sad smile and continued.

"A few days later, mom called saying they both wanted to talk about something important. I thought that they have finally sorted out their issue.

"But, when we talked, all of us, they told me they are getting a divorce." And this made him cry again, but this time harder.

I could not do anything but hug him as tight as possible. And so did he. I started running a soothing hand in his hair, my own tears started to form in my eyes. I was, again, shocked to hear it. Never had I thought that his parents would be getting divorced.

"Oh Blake. I won't say it's alright, because it's not. But I will say this that I am always here for you. No matter what happens. I'm so glad you talked to me." I said in a soft voice, but the cracking of my words made it seem like I was about to cry, which I was.

"You are such a good person. I can't even think to hurt you in anyway. Maybe, they just need some time apart to understand each other's importance. They will be alright." I said, making an effort to calm him down.

This was beyond a kid to handle. His parents getting divorced. It can have such a negative effect on the person, whose parents have loved him all his life.

After a while, the bell rang signaling that the break is over. I looked at him, his eyes were closed as if he was trying to contain himself. With a small smile, he opened his eyes looking at me.

"This felt so good. The burden feels lightened." He said with a sad smile on his lips.

I too smiled a little to show him an assurance. "You can always talk to me Blake. Promise me you will never carry such heavy load on your shoulders ever again." I said trying to assure him more.

"I promise." He whispered softly.

We walked out when suddenly a thought hit me, which can make his mind take a rest from his thoughts.

I looked at him, almost glaring and saw his expression turning from a scowl to a scared one. Lighten the mood, change the topic, make him think about something else. Most of the time distractions help, this time they should too.

"Why did you agree to live at Edward's house?" I asked with my hands on my hips, trying to look intimidating.

And now he was about to shit in his pants.

Oh, I am very angry.

****************
IMPORTANT!
Hey readers!

Whoa, another one.
Well I have a good news and a bad news, and that depends on you that how bad do you think the bad one is.

The good news is that we have reached 800+ reads. Yeah! I was so happy at this. I can't contain my happiness. I love you guys so much.

Now the bad news. Well, for some it might be good, maybe for those who think this story is too cliché to continue. I am thinking of discontinuing the story, because I don't think the readers are enjoying it. I thought about it and I just think I need more time to think for this to work. Maybe I am going to re-write the story, maybe it will be gone from this app forever.

I have not decided yet, but there's like 20% chance I will continue it.

Well I hope whatever is going to happen, it will be for the best so, I still have an open mind.

Hope you enjoyed this part.

Love,

T. Rose