Chapter 31

**********
The worst feeling ever is
Not knowing whether you should
Wait or give up.
**********

*Edited

There are moments in life when you don't know what to do the next second. Right now? I feel exactly the same. Why? Well, there is not much to do in the middle of the night that won't wake up the whole house full of werewolves.

Even if I want to get water, I have to walk, which will not only be hearable for them but also will be a lot of exercise for me which I am not willing to do at any cost. Well, at least not at 1 in the morning.

Staring at the ceiling of the ginormous room, where I am supposedly staying, I think back to what huge changes that have come to my life.

I wished for a normal life, and I wished for it again after Adrian, but seems like some things are meant only as a wish to never come true.

3 years back I would have never thought that there will be such a thing like werewolves and witches, hell, if anyone would've told me that, 3 years ago, they might be in an asylum till now. But then came the change in my life, carrying the sweet smell of vanilla and woods, and I fell head over heels for him in the first glance. And I thought he did too. Guess that was just not true.

2 years ago, my life was what you would call perfect. I was happy, more than happy, in fact, and Adrian never once showed a sign that he didn't want me and neither did I. Then what made him leave me? What was it that made him think I was not the one for him? He claimed that I was his mate, then what changed? And why did it change after 6 months? Why not after a day or a week? Why did it take so long?

The knock on the door caused my attention to divert from the ceiling. It was a quite knock as if to see if I was awake or not, not the one to wake me up, if I have been asleep. I frowned at the door when I heard another knock, louder than before.

"Who is it?" I asked with doubt in my voice. Who would be knocking at my door this late?

"It's me." It was a whisper, I knew the voice, I could tell that, but the whispering made it hard to figure it out.

Reaching the door, I opened it slightly just in case, if the person was someone who came to kill me, I can slam the door on their face. Don't judge me. There's only so much that can be functioned in a mind at 1 in the morning.

Looking through the crack, I saw the person and was surprised to see him there.

"What are you doing here so late, Adam?" I asked, now completely opening the door and looking around to see if anyone else was there too.

But I really only wanted to know if a particular someone was there and might I just add I was disappointed to find no one else.

Trying to hide the disappointment in my face I looked at Adam questioningly.

"I kinda needed your help." Nodding I gestured for him to come in the room. He was hesitant at first but walked in, anyway.

"And why did you think I'd be able to help you at this hour?" I asked him while closing the door.

"I just wished you were awake and when I passed your door, I could hear the uneven pounding of your heart, which meant you were awake, so I thought to ask for your help." He said, explaining himself.

"And what can I help you with?" I asked.

"Okay, so you already know that I have never ever been serious about a girl," He asked hesitantly and I nodded my head trying to understand what he was getting at. "And you must know that I am kind of serious for Wren considering she is my mate and I want to make this thing between us special, not just for me but for her too," he looked at me expectantly.

I crossed my arms across my chest, half glaring at him. "And you are getting at?" I trailed off a little at the end.

"Okay, so here's the thing. I want you to help me set up a date with her."

"And what makes you think I will?" I said sternly.

"Because you are a good friend and the best Luna in the world?" He said a little unsure and hesitant, again.

"Okay now I have to say that I can't help you."

"But why!?" He whined.

"Because of the tag you have given me, of your Luna."

"But that's who you are to us now." He said, his voice sounding a little loud by the end.

"Really? If you want me to help you, you have to stop calling me Luna." I tried to negotiate our deal, hoping I can do at least this much.

"Then what am I supposed to call you?"

"Ava. That's what everyone calls me and so should you." I said.

He thought for a little while but nodded his head, nevertheless.

"Okay then. I will help you set up a date, but before that, comes a crucial part." He stared at me, a little unsure.

"You might want to have a seat for the conversation that is about to begin." I said, with a wicked edge to my voice.

He frowned while sitting on the edge of the bed, complying to the order given to him. I sat down on a chair I pulled out from the desk at the corner and keeping it to face him, crossing my right leg over my left knee with my hands tangled around it.

Now its time for me to play questionnaire with him because I hold the position to have this conversation.

"So, Adam. Tell me. What are your plans for the future?" I asked with a sweet but wicked smile on my face.

**********************
Hey readers!
Quite a short chapter, but I loved writing this one  as this shows how important Ava's friends are for her.

I am thinking of the next chapter, either being a flashback of Ava and Adrian's breakup or showing the things from Adrian's POV.

And for that I need your suggestions. So please do tell me what you want or else I would have to continue the story ahead and with no clue as to why Adrian behaved the way he did.

I hope you enjoyed this and thank you for reading.

Love,

T. Rose