Chapter 36

**********
I won't give up on us,
Even when the skies are rough.
**********

*Edited

I could feel the rage burning through his body, don't ask me how. I just know it.

His shoulders tensed even more as I rest my hand on it. He faced the wall, not even trying to make eye contact but avoiding it, purposely.

We stood there for one minute. Two minutes. Three minutes. Honestly, I don't even know how much time passed as we stood there in that same position. As long as it sounded it was mere seconds that passed making the tension in the room thicken.

I wanted to say so much. Everything that I planned on telling him today. That I liked him. That I am ready to give us a chance. That is, if he still wanted me.

I wanted to speak, to break this awkward silence between us. Everything I wanted to say was on the tip of my tongue but I couldn't even make myself to open my mouth.

It might've been a few minutes when he started taking deep breaths to speak. "You should go, Ava. It's not healthy for you to stay." His voice was rasped and I could tell that his wolf was on the edge, seeing how his eyes started turning golden, earlier. But he tried his best to make his voice come out as calm as possible.

I sighed and removed my hand from his shoulder, seeing him relax a bit. I was a bit hurt that my touch made him tense but keeping these thoughts aside I walked in front of him, my back facing the wall and I was right.

His eyes had turned to a beautiful color of golden with his teeth growing from the corners. He wanted me to leave because he was about to shift, not that I haven't seen a person shift into a wolf, but I could feel his shifting bones in his body.

I did the sanest thing I could think of at that moment. I hugged him, my arms wrapping around his waist, my head on his chest and my eyes closed. He stiffened but eventually relaxed a bit, not moving his arms.

On instinct I hugged him tighter and I felt him holding my waist. I smiled in his chest, feeling tingles spreading through my spine where his fingers lightly caressed the tail bone.

After a little while I felt his chin resting on my head. My smile widened and I buried myself deeper in his chest. We remained like that for a long time and I felt like this was the right time to break the silence.

"I want to try this." As the words left my mouth, I felt him stiffen again for the 10th time today.

"Try what?" He asked slowly in a whisper.

I broke the hug and looked at him. His eyes held a bit of hope and very little, but present, worry. I took a step back from him, letting his arms fall from around my waist. Hurt flashed in his eyes and hope died a little.

"This," I motioned between the two of us, "us." As I said those words a big, and when I say big, I mean a real big smile spread across his face and he scooped me in his arms spinning me around and all I was doing was looking at his face while smiling like an idiot.

He stopped and put me down. I felt my brain going fuzzy and my knees getting weak but he held me, not loosening his grip on me.

"Are you serious?" He asked while smiling so hard I think he snapped his jaw in two.

I giggled and nodded my head lightly, still feeling a bit dizzy.

He pulled me closer to him, too close that our breaths were mingling and I think this is the closest I have been to him, well except if you count the time in my house when we were about to kiss but Blake interrupted us. Wait! Is this it? This the moment of our kiss? Our first kiss?