Chapter 6

***************

The way to love anything

is to realize that it might get lost

***************

*Edited

I woke up because of the sound of my alarm clock and for some reason I was not annoyed by it today or maybe I am just looking forward for the day.

Today I felt like actually dressing up and so I pulled out a peach colored off shoulder top which showed more skin than my usual clothes and a pair of black skin tight jeans. What I wore today was so not me but I felt a little more comfortable than usual.

After doing my business and taking a quick shower I picked up my bag and all the essential.

Walking down the stairs I heard three voices in the hall. The sweet feminine voice which was obviously my mom's, the other heavy masculine voice of Blake and the third voice which was awfully familiar and made butterflies in my stomach go wild.

When I entered the hall there were three people sitting on the sofa set in the living room. Mom and Blake on the side couch and the unidentified person sitting in front of me, his back facing me.

"Baby girl! You're here! See we have a guest." Blake said as he saw me approaching. Mom and the not-so-unknown person turned his face to me and I was met with Edward Knights.

I was not able to recognize the emotions in his eyes as he kept a blank face. But I had a feeling they were not good.

"Honey, you look gorgeous. It's very rare that you dress up for school. What's the occasion?" My mom asked me breaking my train of thoughts.

I remember the plan we made last night and looked at Blake to see a smirk on his lips and I returned the gesture with a sweet smile of mine.

"I just didn't feel like listening to Amber rant about how I never know how to dress up." I replied with a chuckle that my mom reverted back.

"Hey now, Amber is not wrong, you could use her words. Also, make sure no one is giving a hard time to Blake, he is fairly new here." My naïve mother says, not realizing how easy she made my work today, "anyway, I believe you already know Edward here, he was asking about you. Said that you had something to discuss."

"Yeah?" I said looking his way, "hey Edward, what brings you here this early? I never thought that you'd be a morning person."

"There are things you don't know about me Ava. Because you were busy with getting to know someone else." He mumbled the last part under his breath. But I heard it and the way he said my name for the first time made me realize that he was definitely not happy. Maybe even a little jealous. But why?

"Anyway, I came here to pick you up so we can, you know, study a bit before the school begins." He asked with a bit of hope in his voice but if I want my plan to work out, I need to deny him and crush all my feelings under my feet.

"That's so thoughtful of you Edward but I already have a ride for school and we can study here at my house after school like we discussed." I said to him and looked at an already smirking Blake, "What do you think Blake? Would you like to join?"

"You don't have to ask me twice, baby girl, from now wherever you are, I'll be there, too. Always by your side." Blake replied, emphasizing the last part.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Edward's hands fisting on his sides.

"Well good then. I'll see you both at school." With that Edward stormed out of the house slamming the door shut.